Thread: Struggling to get over panic attack at work....weeks ago!

Struggling to get over panic attack at work....weeks ago!

Hello All

Thanks for having me.

I suffered a panic attack at work when I was on the phone to a client. Although the client had absolutely no idea - it was the most horrifying attack ever! I left work early and was devastated :-(

That was weeks ago....hang on; almost two months ago! And I can't seem to get over it :-/ Each day, I am terrified about going in to work and even more panicked when I have to take calls (which is a huge part of my job!)

I've suffered with anxiety and panic for a few years but have managed it ok. A period of personal stress hightened my anxiety which led to the panic attack incident. It's really knocked me for six! I can't get over it - I'm so scared that when I go on the phone again, a panic attack may strike again.

My boss is the most amazing person and employer extremely supportive. I've arranged some therapy and also some employment coaching and I'm doing what I can to get better. Boss is like - whatever you need, we'll support you. That's such a help but as my job is to answer calls, I really do need to get over this :-/

Has anyone got any advice they'd be willing to share? Feel so alone :-/
    Thanks so much
    A x

Re: Struggling to get over panic attack at work....weeks ago!

You seem to have good employers who are supporting you through this. The therapy will be a great help. This course is really helpful http://ct-online-info.com/wp-login.p...om%2F&reauth=1

Re: Struggling to get over panic attack at work....weeks ago!

I think the problem with panic attacks is that they are so horrible that we don't want to experience them again and will do anything to avoid them. Your brain has obviously made the connection that if you are on the phone you will have a panic attack so its making you anxious. I find when Im like this, I just tell myself that I can do this. I think the more you answer the calls and don't have a panic attack the calmer you will become. It works for me. The therapy will help you I think and it sounds like you have a great employer.

Thread Information