Thread: Throwing things away because you feel down.

Throwing things away because you feel down.

and changing things around. I do this to try and make me feel better but I don't know if it works.

Re: Throwing things away because you feel down.

I have an obsessive need to organise and tidy, including putting out old stuff that reminds me of bad memories and switching things around to keep things fresh! Don't know if it's a bad thing as it helps me feel in control and makes everything feel new again and not stuck in a rut!

I do think clearing a cupboard, drawer or changing a room helps with clearing the Mind in to some sort of order. You also find things that you haven't seen for a long time and it takes your Mind off of that Devil of an Anxiety!
    Try a bit of Feng shui in the room, it really does help. I changed my bed so I face the window. I sleep much better and when the Sun rises, it shines on my face and wakes me in to a much better mood. Too much clutter on shelves and things hanging around in rooms tend to make me feel agitated, but then I am a little OCD.
    If you have lots of nik-naks, then get a display cabinet. I did. It is much better and you can cram all your things in there and they stay dust free.
    It's good to take things to the Charity Shops as well, it makes you feel like you have done something good and the better things you can sell at a Car-Boot and make some money.

I do not have OCD (far from it) but I am a collector (not someone like you see on TV) and now I am feeling that it is the "same old same old" day in day out.

Thread Information