Thread: terrified i have skin cancer.

terrified i have skin cancer.

Hi there. My worry at the moment is i might have skin cancer. On my neck i have a skin tag which im not worried about as ive had for years and years but near my skin tag is loads of freckles and 3 red dots which sort of look like blood which ive had for months but im just starting to think they havnt gone this could really be skin cancer. Anyone know wat the tiny red dots could be? Has anyone had anything similar? Is this a sign of skin cancer? Im terrified right now.

Please reply asap
    Love louise x

Re: terrified i have skin cancer.

Without seeing a pic its hard to say and as I'll say to everyone, see your GP as they can put you at ease.

The tiny red dots could be a cherry angioma which is basically a bright red benign mole type thing which are very common and generally harmless.

As I say, see your GP to put your mind at rest.

Sounds like a cherry angioma like jayuk said I've got 2 on my arms extremely tiny and bright red like blood, what about yours? And they are benign but things to look out for are the same as common moles, i.e. Size, even colour, even border, oval or round shape, symmetry etc.

You sound a bit like me. I have skin tags and I've collected a few more as I get older. Like you say, the skin tags are completely harmless as my doc told me. As for the red dots, I have a few of those too. Some of them I've had for more than a decade. I asked about them when I first noticed them and the doc chuckled slightly and said they were harmless. I have very pale skin so they look more noticeable. They basically look like someone took a small tipped red marker and poked you with it. Mine don't have a different texture to my skin. It's basically a red coloured dot.

If yours sound just like mine then, I'd almost go out on a limb here and say there's nothing to worry about. But if you can't, then mention it to the GP.

Thread Information