Thread: Cit and Propanolol dosages .....what works?!

Cit and Propanolol dosages .....what works?!

Hi everyone
    I've already posted about my ongoing struggle with anxiety and Citalopram ....basically just over seven weeks on 20 mg first two horrendous shaking sobbing...then four really good weeks...then last week back to shaking and sobbing?!
    Last 3 days getting better ...but just wanted to pick people's brains about Propanolol and what worked for them ?!
    I have been given 10 mg tabs and told to take them twice a day for the shaking
    I have been doing this but the shaking is still there and I'm DESPERATE to rid myself of this horrible feeling that it brings with it!
    Without that I know my whole day would be calmer ...but I just can't shift it!!
    Anyone who can give me advice or tell me what worked for them ??
    Thanks for reading x

Re: Cit and Propanolol dosages .....what works?!

Hi, I was on Citalopram for 8-9 years (20mg) and then decided to change to Setraline (50mg) stupidly as I wanted to try something new as I though my Citalopram were not working well enough. After a week on Setraline and feeling terrible doc changed me back to Citalopram 20mg for a week and then moved me to 40mg Citalopram. I take these daily along with 40mg Propanalol when needed - sometimes one a day sometimes two. I usually take Propanalol about 30 minutes before going out and it helps me a lot. So 40mg Cotalopram and 40mg Propanalol for the last week and I have felt much better than I was a few weeks back. 10mg Propanalol doesn't seem very high - I can take 3 a day if needed (120mg) so maybe the doasge isn't strongenough for you?

Thanks for the reply mat
    Sorry I didn't really make it very clear ....Doc has given me 10mg prop to take two of twice a day ...so 40mg all in?!
    I have been taking 2x10 in morning and again at bedtime but these shakes just will not go away!!
    I have had a 'blip' on the Cit over the last week but last 3 days thankfully it seems to be easing up again?! Perhaps I am just expecting too much too soon and need to give it more time when hopefully all side effects will disappear and things will calm down? 7 1/2 weeks in ......let's hope I'm going in the right direction
    Thanks for the info mat

Ah, I see, sorry. 40mg all in is still pretty low. Each of my Propanalol tablets is 40mg and I can take up to 120mg a day so I still say the dosage is maybe not strong enough for you.

When I started Cit years ago I felt awful for around 4 weeks but then it eased off. The thing with SSRIs is it is very much a testing method, what is good for some may be awful for others. Setraline for me made me feel like utter cr*p but since being backon Cit and Prop at my new dosages feel a lot better now.

Stick with it a while longer but if no improvement soon try something else as Cit may not be for you.

Hope you get better soon - I know how you are feeling, most of us on here have been there.

Thread Information