Thread: Constant low grade fever

Constant low grade fever

Hi

I am having a yuk time at the moment.

Swollen hard node behind ear
    Itching
    And now I am worried about a constant temperature. Went doctors last week and again today and both times I have had a low grade fever 37.8 and doctors seem surprised as I have to virus or symptoms relating to this.

Today the doc did a urine test and said I had leukocyte and blood in it, again he seemed surprise as have no symptoms of a urine infection. He said obviously that is unrelated to the swollen lymph node.

All the symptoms together are the same as lymphoma especially the node and constant low grade fever. I remember having the doctors a month back and had a temp too and no infection then so what is causing it?

The lymph node has not got smaller and is still rock hard, everything points to lymphoma nothing else has a pattern of symptoms like this.

I apologise for my message but really struggling at moment and nmp is my only outlet.

Re: Constant low grade fever

What did the doctor say about the low grade fever, swollen nodes and itching? Seems to me if he felt it concerning, you'd be off for further tests.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Constant low grade fever

Well he said the lymph node hasn't been up too long-tho no explanation for it.

The itching I have antihistamine for and the fever he is now putting down to uti. However whenever I have a uti test at doctors it comes back with infection then goes off to be looked at and they say it's fine?!

I had bloods done and had to have ferretin done after as requested by a different doctor but the doctor yesterday who in my opinion is a bit arrogant - asked him blood results and he said he can't take his time as a waiting room full of people (it was empty) but will look quickly and then said it looked fine.

Not a great comfort as my dad had normal bloods and then was dx with lung cancer.

I have booked an appointment with a different doctor next week. Will take my antibiotics and monitor my temp but still have that thought it is lymphoma :(

Thread Information