Thread: Getting the xmass dinner

Getting the xmass dinner

Today we had to get our food shopping.I knew it would be packed in the shop so I was prepared for the fear of so many people at once.I lasted 5 mins I needed to leave the shop.My husband encouraged me to stay in the shop which I did.My panick felt like it was just growing.My consultant told me it does come down if I stay.I am sure it didnt whilst I was in the shop.I get snappy and frustrated and my heart feels like its jumping out of my chest.
    I dont like it getting to that point it always goes that way.I know I should stay and let it pass.Does anyone have any ideas to cope better?
    Afterwards I feel like a failer and a embarresment to my hubby.He does reasure me that its ok so my hubby doesnt make me feel bad I do.I want to have control, I dont understand why I dont concentrate on that when I panick.I know me in a shop at xmass is a big acheivement.
    kat

Hi Kat

Please don't think you're a failure. You did really well even to last for 5 minutes and to go to the shop in the first place. Do you think the stress of Xmas is adding to it?

We haven't done our food shopping yet and I'm dreading it. All of my good intentions of staying with the panic go out of the window and I usually end up legging it. My boyfriend tries to distract me by keeping talking so I have to concentrate on the conversation. I know it's hard but try staying for a few extra minutes next time and build the time up bit by bit. I'ts great that your hubby is supportive so believe him when he says youre not letting anyone down!

Hope that helps a bit

Enjoy your Xmas dinner

Lexxie xxx

Hi Kat

WELL DONE

My hubby did our food shopping and he dosent suffer from anxiety or anything and it did his head in!!!
    The staying in the shop thing does work but not a few days before xmas!!!
    Try it again in the new year at a quieter time

luv kaz x

Hi Happy1,
    it is 11.00pm here and we are not long back from TESCO...and there were still people queueing to get in when we left.

Crimbo is a hard time to do basic shopping and trying to do that bit extra because you want the period to be great for everyone makes it even harder.

There is no way you can judge yourself on what you experienced today, so take heart from the fact you said it was a big achievement and well done you.

Woo Woo Kat...well done kiddo

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

Dont feel bad about it, you did brilliantly to go to the shop in the first place. It was a huge achievement for you! Well done!
    The shops are a nightmare for everyone at Christmas, even 'non-sufferers' get stressed out so please don't feel bad.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone.
    have a good one
    kat

Thread Information