Thread: 10mg propranalol

10mg propranalol

Ive been suffering really bad panic attacks and anxiety for seven years now . My gp started me.off seven years ago on 10mg of propranalol and as much as this small amount helps keep my heart rate from pounding i still feel its not that effective . My gp has told me i cam increase my dose but does anyone thing taking 20 mg will make much more of a difference ?

Re: 10mg propranalol

It could do yes. I take 20mg twice daily but that's down from the original 80mg I was taking a few years ago. (I'm trying to reduce rather than increase). 10mg is quite a small dose and a lot of people don't feel the benefits on such a low dose...another poster was telling us he'd been on 320mgs of propranoll and that's the maximum dose I believe....but the fact that it worked for you is great. I'd say take the 20mg and see how it works for you. Your body knows it already so it won't be a shock to your system I'm sure.

ISB x

Tha ks alot for your reply . I have tried taking 20mg once before im going to give it another go . I normally take my propranalol as and when i need them but my gp has told me to take them three times a day . Do you think i will benefit from there more this way ?

I think taking it in the way your doc has advised means the drug will be in your system longer and he/she may be thinking that you might get more benefit from them in this way, but its your body and so its your decision really...can't see it will do any harm to try out the dosage your doctor suggests for a few days at least to see what benefits, if any, you feel.

ISB x

Thank you very much ill give it a try fingers crossed it works

Thread Information