Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: diazepam 2mg

Smile diazepam 2mg

Ive been prescribed diaz 3mg three times a day but mainly just to use when needed incase of bad panic attack . Ive taken them three times and not noticed anything really . Im 6ft and 14.5 stone . Im a bit scared taking tablets especially anything new and its taken me nearly seven years to actually pluck up the courage to ask for diazepam . Anyways i was just wonderi g if i doubled the dose to 4mg would i benefit from it more . Im a single father to a hyper five year old little girl so i dont want to be to zonked out .

Re: diazepam 2mg

Be careful taking these long term as taking continuously for 4 weeks leads to physical dependency.

Read the leaflet and see what it says about dosage for panic attacks. If I'm having a bad panic attack a 5mg tablet does the job for me.

Ive done a good bit of research on these they seem quite evil with some of there side effects especially the addiction part . I am taking these as and when needed so hopefully it will be very rare . Thanks alot for your advice

I've never had any side effects from taking them. It's good that you're aware of the potential for addiction as you can make sure it doesn't happen. I think diazepam can be helpful for anxiety if taken occasionally but I wouldn't want to be taking them everyday because of the issues with tolerance and addiction.

i took 4mg last week for the first time and it just made me a bit tired but not much calmer

Took one 2mg tablet last night at bedtime and it made me go paranoid and funny i was semi consious and having vivid images has anyone else had stuff like this happen to them

I'm 5ft 2. 9 st.
    I need 4mg to calm me.
    5-6mg if I'm having a bad panic attack.
    I think the paranoid and vivid dreams would be due to you being anxious.
    2 mg Valium wouldn't have touched you.

Valium is a good drug for either short term useage.
    Or long term, only using very occasionally.

People can (not always) become tolerant to the drug after 3 weeks of full time using.
    Ie 3x a day, every day. Then you need a higher dose to achieve the same effect.
    But. The drug is very good for emergency one offs. Ie dentist, or if things get too anxious and all other self help measures don't work..

The drug works within half an hour, and lasts for around 4-6 hours.
    But the drug (not the therapeutic effect) stays in your body for 4 days.
    So if you take another tab within this 4 day period Your body gets used to having Valium in its system. And when you stop completely SOME people have withdrawal symptoms.

If your interested Google Valium half life. ( the time it takes your body to breakdown the drug and totally excrete it.

Tha ks alot for your reply i really am paranoid about taking tablets maybe if doubled my dose i would relax more and not be as paranoid what do you think ?

I take ativan( diazepam ) and have done for a number of years. I take as required and usually over the course of 24 hours take 3 mgs max.. Considering I used to take 5-7mgs a day am quite pleased. Yes I am addicted to them, but they have allowed me to live a semi normal life. Its weighing the pros and cons up. I did come off them once completely but because I had made no other life style changes was soon back on them . Now older and wiser know better what works for me. Ativan I find is a good anti anxiety drug for me when needed... Anyone else been on it long term?

Quote Originally Posted by Clement View Post
    I take ativan( diazepam ) and have done for a number of years. I take as required and usually over the course of 24 hours take 3 mgs max.. Considering I used to take 5-7mgs a day am quite pleased. Yes I am addicted to them, but they have allowed me to live a semi normal life. Its weighing the pros and cons up. I did come off them once completely but because I had made no other life style changes was soon back on them . Now older and wiser know better what works for me. Ativan I find is a good anti anxiety drug for me when needed... Anyone else been on it long term?
    Ativan is not Diazepam !!! They are both different drugs !!! What are you taking???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information