Thread: Internal Trembling/Shaking....Still

Internal Trembling/Shaking....Still

So....I've done my best to convince myself that what I'm feeling is due to anxiety and not some horrific disease, but I'm struggling...I've had a very strange sensation pretty much every day for the past two months or so...it feels as though my body (especially my arms and legs) is shaking or trembling, but it's an internal sensation, can't be seen...oddly, it feels as though at any minute my limbs are going to start flailing about, although they never have when I've felt this way in the past....so of course I'm freaking out about all of the diseases this could be, or worrying that I'm going to have a seizure....I had comprehensive bloodwork done three weeks ago and everything looks great...ECG two days ago, and that also looks fine....MRI last August and that too was all clear....am I just falling victim to the anxiety trap once again? ugh

Re: Internal Trembling/Shaking....Still

I think we all get weird sensations of one type or another. As you have been to your doctors and had extensive tests I would think it would be very doubtful to be anything serious. The physical symptoms from anxiety are many and many mirror physical conditions. However, if you are still worried I would go and see your doctor again and explain your fears.

This is one of the most classic anxiety symptoms, I've certainly had it and it is very scary. I'm not aware of any other illness that can cause it.

I've just started taking sertraline and experienced the exact same thing the first couple of days of taking them. My anxiety was bad at this point, so it could be releated. Wasn't like a normal shaking it was more like you describe, internal. It's subsiding for me now but I would definitely keep in mind that it could be anxiety.

I've been having the same thing recently for some odd reason. I found that when I ate something and drank some tea, I began to feel a little better. Hope you can find some relief from the shakes! I can assure you as well that shaking is a classic symptom of anxiety!

I get this as well. It's strange but definitely anxiety. I don't get it when I'm calm.

Thread Information