Thread: CBT advice please

CBT advice please

Hey guys,

I'm just looking for some advice on the best CBT course to take and how to approach it..

I have downloaded the CBT4PANIC from here and it is good but not sure all of it applies to me - I have read that some HA sufferers just focus on obsessional thoughts and mindfulness - has this helped?

I have also got a link to CBT specifically for HA but I kind of felt really intimidated by this as it made my symptoms more scary - is that anything you've experienced?

I'm thinking of starting with obsessional thoughts and mindfulness and moving onto CBT for HA - any tips or advice?!

Would be much appreciated.

Thank you xx

Re: CBT advice please

I've used moodgym, my therapist recommended that for me and it's good for looking at why your thoughts aren't real and coming up with new ways of thinking.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi FJ, hope that your day is going well.

I have used both CBT4PANIC and MoodGym. They both are extremely good and are well organized programs. I have used MoodGym more often and when I work it on a daily basis (30 minutes per day), it really helps me to put my irrational thoughts and fears into perspective.

I found that it's helpful to begin at the beginning, as it gives you a good understanding of what you do that helps to create anxiety and panic attacks. Then it moves on to helping you put "the lie" to your irrational thoughts.

I think that it's helpful to become good at that prior to taking on the end of the course. Hope that helps. It's just what worked best for me.

Thread Information