Thread: Im scared so scared I think somethings wrong.

Im scared so scared I think somethings wrong.

For the last few days in the hours before I wake ,I wake feeling like im dying and can't stop it.I wake and seem like I feel worse than I ever have.I think during the daytime I worry so much it drains me.I have been feeling nervous and anxious all day everyday,but curious that maybe if its about my somewhat security blanket being gone for the holidays.I have a nurse friend that keeps my spirits up and tells me im ok and she is gone for the holidays thus maybe making me feel scared to the point I feel so tired in the mornings.I get on the scales and the weight just keeps coming off and i cant seem to stop it.I eat ok and get hungry but I only eat breakfast and an evening meal and usually no snacks..no sugar and not much bread..I get up to do things and get so tired and weak so I go back and lay in bed most of the day and evening.I can't seem to get stronger because I get up to do something and get so tired.My heart is beating a little faster than normal ...76 other than 72 dont guess that really means much but I dont like it..Today im feeling more tired than usual.I get up and feel ok but feel as though I want to get back into bed.The weight loss is what scares me the most,but most certainly couldn't be from disease because I have no fever and no other signs of disease.I don't cough , or look that bad but am getting skinny which I am not use to..but when I say skinny its just my normal weight accordigng to charts everywhere.

Im just worried that its something else other than the anxiety but my nurse friend says no and the doctors say good that you have lost weight its best for you .. Im scared to the point that im just not looking towards a future and hard to get excited about Christmas im afraid that im not going to make it..Surely you can't convince yourself over time that you are dying and then you die..?Maybe its just been really cold and the weather is making me feel worse than other times .. Hopefully its nothing else.. I just worry so much and cant stop it.. Weight loss, and weakness and tireness I suppose all go hand and hand..I am just worried its not anxiety but something causing anxiety but hopefully im wrong.. Any one give me hope please?

PRAYER FOR FREEDOM FROM SUFFERING

May all beings everywhere plagued
    with sufferings of body and mind
    quickly be freed from their illnesses.
    May those frightened cease to be afraid,
    and may those bound be free.
    May the powerless find power,
    and may people think of befriending each other.
    May those who find themselves in trackless, fearful wilderness--
    the children, the aged, the unprotected--
    be guarded by beneficent celestials,
    and may they swiftly attain Buddhahood.

Hi there

It sounds to me as though you are not giving your body enough energy and fuel to keep going.

That is why you are tired all the time. You have no energy because you are not eating enough.

Also laying in bed all time will make you tired and lethargic.

Can you not get up and do some exercise around the house - simple stair walking is a good start.

Unless you give your body the fuel and nutrition it needs you will continue to feel weak and tired and then just want to sleep all day.

Just a few thoughts

Nicola

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

+i no how you fewel i came of my tablets silly girl im back on them now i have death phobia every symtom i get i think im going to die my throat goes tight i think i cant breathive been told the tablets will take 6weeks to get back in my system

Hi, so sorry you're not feeling at all well. I'm no dietician, but it seems your diet is very low in carbohydrates. Perhaps if you up this a little (i.e try to eat more bread, cereal, rice etc) combined with a little gentle excercise, you may find you have a little more energy and may even put on a little weight. It's a vicious circle isn't it? You feel tired so you don't so anything strenuous, therefore you don't eat as much as you should so you feel tired etc etc.

I sympathise with your horrid early morning thoughts, but that is what they are - thoughts. I still get them very occasionally, but they don't last long now.

If I've given incorrect advice I hope someone who is more knowledgable than me reads this and gives you the right advice!

Remember, you are not alone

Take care, and I pray peace and joy for you at Christmas.

GG [:P]

xx

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi there

It sounds to me as though you are not giving your body enough energy and fuel to keep going.

That is why you are tired all the time. You have no energy because you are not eating enough.

Also laying in bed all time will make you tired and lethargic.

Can you not get up and do some exercise around the house - simple stair walking is a good start.

Unless you give your body the fuel and nutrition it needs you will continue to feel weak and tired and then just want to sleep all day.

Just a few thoughts

Nicola

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

<div align="right">Originally posted by nomorepanic - 22 December 2006 : 22:54:20</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

How do you make yourself eat when you arent hungry?I also have a slight phobia about my heart rate going higher after eating something ..Does doesn't see to help..I will try and start eating more of the things that you mentioned..I looked up symptoms of cancer and other than weight loss I don't have any but sudden dramatic weight change is also associated with depression..But God knows I have been depressed alot about health and health worries..Ill try your suggestions ..Last night I ate extra helpings of food and also even ate a cream cookie..I lived through it maybe i can start eating extra and try to get up and get busy no matter what..It goes back to the old fear of heart rate going up to..Thanks Nicola..I appreciate it..Its hard to be in the middle of nowhere and not know why you feel this way..God bless all of you and I prayed for each and everyone of you last night..as i do every night..Michael

Michael...
    Have you had tests done on your heart? Is there actually anything medically wrong?
    I *use* to think i had heart problems. I had arm pains, back pains, chest pains, palpitations, fainting when i got to the top of the stairs, breathlessness, fatigue, insomnia (yep, i had both!!!) and i had every test known to man done on my heart........and they found......nothing!!!!!!
    I am an avid pulse checker, i still do it all the time, in fact tonight i noticed mine was super slow...but i feel fine, so theres no problem I guess i am just super relaxed for once.
    I would suggest No. 1....TRY and eat more. Simple as that and No. 2....This problem is 99.9999% anxiety. Anxiety latches onto anything that you fear. So you're worried about your heart, it will make you think your heart is wonky - when in fact you are just fine. Don't worry about this....you'll be fine
    Do you realise that when you eat your heart rate will go up (slightly, and 4 beats over a minutes is not much) because its having to start work on getting the old metabolism going to digest your food.

I found this..

PULSE RATE (in beats per minute)

Low
    under 60

Normal
    60 - 80

High
    81+
    Note: Some top class athletes will have normal pulse rates below 60.

Sarah x

Yes the doctors and a friend of mine which is a cardic nurse of 30 years says there is nothing wrong with me.Yes I am an advid pulse checker as well and can't seem to break the habit.I worry if its too slow and worry if its too fast and worry if it sounds or feels weird .I suppose I just have to work on that .As far as I know Im suppose to be healthy .I just have to take a chance and start eating what im suppose to when im suppose to and a little extra to boot.lol.I don't know what my problem is today but guess im just a little extra worried because my resident nurse friend is out of town.I suppose ill get better and just try to keep my mind off of everything.I thank you for writing and I will keep trying to work on everything...Thanks again.

Thread Information