Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: anxious and stressed

anxious and stressed

Well as you all know I got into uni a few weeks ago. Well ever since I found out I have been stressing so much. Im so scared because what if I dont make any friends? What if I have any panic attacks or go really anxious and no one is about? What if I not good enough to be a youth worker?

Also, I started packing the other day and I am getting so scared and upset because Im scared to be alone. I keep getting panic attacks and keep getting back pain and not sleeping well lately. Keep going to bed at stupid a clock like 3. Im trying ti be happy and excited but my anciety gets in the way.

Does anyone have any advice on how to calm myself down and relax? Tried music, trying saying what I feel as opposites. I just dont know what to do. Thank you to everyone that has helped me already. I really appreciate it. Your all amazing and here iis a hug is you need it
    that is why they call it the present.

Re: anxious and stressed

You SHOULD be nervous Sophie. It's normal.

I know it's corny but you just need to "feel the fear and do it anyway".

You will feel a million times better when you're there, your mind is on your study material, you're taking the time to learn it and feel confident and ready and you have made a new friend to enjoy the whole thing with.

The whole thing is going to change your life Sophie.

It's ok to feel scared. It's ok to worry about it.

All you can do is have confidence and focus on the above. You're not going to be alone, you'll have a new friend.

You passed these exams, you are clever enough to learn what you need to at uni.

To be honest Sophie, the sooner it starts and you're dealing with the reality the better. Just stay busy and be as prepared as you can until it starts.

Thank you Oosh. By 'you have a new friend' do you mean you? I am keeping busy been packing today. Been rather stressful. I dont know where i would be without the support of you and others. I just want to leave now though. Get away from dad and family stress. I really hope I dont annoy any of you and i know sometimes i dont say thank you and seen low all the time but it is hard for me. Xxx

That's a picture of me during my first fresher's week! (I had two at two different universities) - that was a foam party. It was ridiculously fun. Everyone makes friends with everyone. You make your real friends a couple of weeks in - it takes time to get to know enough people to know who are the good ones

Just enjoy it you'll do your studying too, but first you'll have the time of your life. Uni isn't just about learning about your subject, it's also about learning about independence and friendships

Aawww you look lovely hun. Im just going to be so borinv as i dont drink or anything. It is so hard.

The costs of freshers is hard too dont know if i can afford it. It is driving me mad and it is hard.

Im stressed and panicky and chest hurts again. I will be fine though. I have to be no matter what. Dricing me up the wall and im happy to be able to have a new start.

Thank you for everything lior xx

You don't have to drink to have fun are you going to get a student loan? If so, you probably will be able to afford it

Well I don't drink either and I lived at home and I STILL went out and enjoyed my freshers week. I maybe just remember it more clearly than most.. I still made some good friends from my uni course, honestly everyone is so nervous and worried about being lonely students just talk to anyone and everyone! The waiting is the worst part. You'll look back at this in a few weeks and be glad you persevered!

Oh i hope your right? Yes i di get student loan but cant afford to get my ticket noe for the freshers club lior.

Im hiping people will like me. Just a bit anxious. I am getting a bit excited bit scared at the same time. Make sense?

Excited is very similar to anxiety. It's that same pumping nervous energy - it's just positive rather than negative

If you can't afford your ticket, either you can find an alternative free party or you can find a way to get in... maybe slip in through the back?

Hahhaa nah wont slip in the back way lol. I might just see what happensm. Thank you for the support though.

God im welling up. I just have so much to sort out firat with me family i just want things the way they was. But that is impossible. :'(

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information