Thread: Emetophobia - xmas hell

Emetophobia - xmas hell

Christmas is probably one of the most stressful times of the year for me, there is just so much food. I have developed a system of 'safe foods' (eg-ones which are less likely to make me ill) which I can eat in small amounts when I'm alone but I'm curious as to how else people deal with Christmas. My family can't really understand what the problem is so I'm desperate to hear from people in the same situation.

Emma xx

Hi Emma
    Im in exactly the same situation as you & dread this time of year with all the food. I tend to get round it by just pretending not to like certain foods and just sticking to eating small portions of my 'safe' foods if i feel upto eating in front of people. If i really dont feel i can eat anything i just pretend i have an upset tummy or im not hungry. Neither of those things are a cure but i find they help me get through christmas without getting too stressed!
    Hope you have a lovely christmas
    Love
    Suzy xx

Thanks Suzy, I think I might have to try explaining that I'm just not hungry. I already avoid as many different foods as possible. I thought I was going utterly mad when I was deciding my 'safe foods' but it's so good to hear others do it to.

Take Care
    Emma xx

Hey, well I hope you manage to survive Christmas with as little stress as possible. I know what you mean though - it shouldn't be so scary sitting at home eating dinner.

I don't eat any meat anymore, too scared that it isn't cooked properly - my diet is pretty limited! I'm just so damn fussy! Having steak is a good idea though - if I could bare the taste!

It's really good that your family understand your phobias. Hopefully they can help to reassure you a little. I'm still trying to convince mine that I'm not utterly crazy.

Take Care x

Thread Information