Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gettin' old!

Re: Gettin' old!

I run away from magazines, full of adverts and people smiling too much... But I'll look up HIIT that sounds great!
    I'm going to be moving soon, not sure where but might end up around stoke so that could be a plan if he's still doing his thing then. Thanks!

Yoga is something I'd like to try, probably alongside working out more. Exercise helps my depression a lot, it's just getting out that's the problem. I'm always trying to improve my posture and core strength so pilates would be good too. I'm not worried about getting lady muscles from working out, strength is feminine as far as I'm concerned!

Well in that case, you could always consider yoga classes and I came across one local to me that you might be interested in. Its called Kundalini yoga and its not been public as long as the other forms but if you have a read about it, its all about inner peace and less concerned with the exercise element of yoga. It seemed to have some comparable values to Mindfulness so maybe that would be a gentle stretching form that is more aimed at mental health and wellness? It seems well priced at £4-5.

Do you know that Tara buddhist centres have a based along the A50 heading your way? They run sessions in Stoke & Newcastle I seem to recall for £5 a time so that might be worth a look for the Mindfulness as well. I don't know whether they just meditate or use objects as well but I think they have a website.

Well if you want lady muscles, there is a gym near my way that does all the animal/combat training stuff, flipping tires and all that... If you want a challenge for strenth & fitness, CrossFit is looking very good as its a combination of olympic lifts, bodyweight work, gymnastic work and plyometrics.

Building muscle is overlooked by a lot of women. You can widen your shoulders and gain better posture, which will all trim the waste.

If you are looking for bodyweight exercises, I have a book by Mark Lauren that is very good. He is one of the elite navy diver trainers in the US and the book is quite comprehensive.

As I've got older I've changed my mind on using weights, I prefer the idea of functional strength thesedays. It strengthens muscles that you can't easily do with weights.

Wow that's all potentially really useful thanks. I hate not being from around the area, never know what's around.

My boyfriend used to do weights so I kinda got into it through him but when I had my chest issues I had to stop, but I can probably get back into it slowly after some yoga, my body is was wrecked by that chest thing.

I'd really recommend yoga. I started in January and go about once a week. It's made such a difference to my general body strength. I don't have much muscle mass on me anyway, but what I do have is really strong and toned now! Plus it's made me really flexible. Also I love the chilled out feeling I get after a yoga class, everything feels so laid back.

And in response to your original post - I've recently turned 22 and although the thought of getting older terrifies me, I'm enjoying being treated like an adult and being able to grow into an independent person. Maybe I can just stay this age forever haha! No more birthdays please!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information