Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muscle pain and aching after withdrawing from Mirtazapine??

Muscle pain and aching after withdrawing from Mirtazapine??

I've been mirtazapine free for about 7weeks now and I'm struggling to work out if I've hurt my back, have a symptom of anxiety or its a withdrawal symptom...mentally; I'm fab, back to pretty much normal but this aching and pain is really irritating me. I've been docs and he's honestly not too sure. I've booked an osteopath appointment as it is possibly its just a strain of lifting my huge 3year old son and sitting at the desk in the office but even painkillers aren't really easing it up. Its like a dull ache in my shoulder blades, arms and legs. Feels like sciatica but doc said it isn't that.

Re: Muscle pain and aching after withdrawing from Mirtazapine??

I've been off mirtazapine for 8 weeks and I've also had the aches in the shoulder blades and upper back

Hey hun....when did your nausea and dizziness go....not got to any aches...yet xxx

It's so frustrating. It's like sciatica in my arms. I also get it in my legs around my knees and tingling in my feet. I went to an osteopath today out of desperation and she told me my shoulders and neck muscles were too tight and there was hardly any space...pressing on a nerve in my neck which may be causing me more pain. So she's clicked me around and am yet to see if it helps.

I didn't have these pains during my Mirtazapine treatment, but have read some people are put on mirtazapine for muscle complaints, so that may explain it. I just wondered if it was possibly a withdrawal effect that will eventually disappear.

I didn't have nausea or dizziness when withdrawing from mirt, I had minor headaches and slight anxiety and that was mainly it oh and I got a bad cold for about a week.

I've still got the tense pain in my neck and shoulders,its like someones inserted a screw or a bolt and turned it a few times,not nice.get pins n needles in my arms aswell.legs ok tho

Did you have the pain before mirtazapine or just now you're off? My doc thinks tingling is a symptom of anxiety, and I perhaps agree as I had severe tingling before going on mirt but not pain as it is right now. I have a big 3year old son to lift around though, so that may be my problem. Fingers crossed the osteopath has eased it up, I guess I'm going to be sore for a few days though...she really clicked my back and neck around! Lol

I suffer from tingling like this in my arms and around my kneecaps and feet. The doctor has said that it's anxiety as well and suggested pregabalin. There's a constant buzzing, sometimes a nagging ache and a feeling of tightness-altered sensations really. No muscle weakness and I'm not diabetic. Personally I think muscle tightness has pinched some nerves.
    I've never taken mirt and am on escitalopram. Does this sound similar to your symptoms,rachykins?

The pain started the day after I stopped the mirt.I did a staight swap to venlafaxine.at first I thought it was a start up symptom of the ven but I still got it.not as bad as it was but still uncomfortable,using those neck and shoulder heat pads which do help.I refuse to lift children after their 3rd bday,too heavy for my fragile spine

My sons is autistic, so it's not that it's not that I baby him, it's a matter of having to calm him down from meltdowns :( it's all quite physical unfortunately having a special needs child.

Pulisa, I only get the tingling in my feet sometimes it's worse than other times. I used to get numb arms before going on mirt and that was deffo anxiety, but I don't get numbness or weakness anymore, just aches, that shoot down my arms and sometimes my legs. I've deffo had a pulled or pinched nerve in my upper back/neck as it just feels so tight and tender when I've asked hubby to massage me, sometimes if I press in certain areas it creates the ache pain down into my elbow. Fingers crossed it will ease up now, the osteopath said she's already slightly improved my neck straightness and I just have a few exercises to carry out over next week.

I hope you are soon more comfortable rachykins. I have an adult daughter on the autistic spectrum-it's certainly a challenge both mentally and physically.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information