Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I try Cannabis again?

Should I try Cannabis again?

I remember trying Cannabis a few times back in 2011 and there was this one time where I felt my problems were so far away the day after I smoked it. Is that a sign that the drug benefits me and that it I should give it another shot to see if it help with my Anxiety? I am really keen to try the drug again to see if it will help me change my state of mind. What do you guys think? Should I a least give it another try and see if it will help me get over my Anxiety?

Re: Should I try Cannabis again?

I think you can try it for fun, but you probably shouldn't try it as a permanent solution to anxiety. Getting stoned demotivates people. They don't want to do stuff any more and this affects the rest of their lives in a negative way.

Also if you have any family history of schizophrenia you should avoid weed because it brings out that disorder.

Getting stoned can be fun but make sure you have friends nearby who can look after you if you start freaking out.

Thanks for the helpful advice. My family doesn't have any history Schizophrenia, and it I have always found that 60's music has always been a great interests of mine and that I would like to see if Cannabis can benefit my Anxiety and make me reach a better state of mind.

If it doesn't work you could always donate it to me Joking aside (am I really joking?), cannabis can cause anxiety issues to heighten and has triggered panic attacks as posted several times on the boards.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    If it doesn't work you could always donate it to me Joking aside (am I really joking?),
    Knowing UK Customs, as long as he marks it 'gift' it might just get through...

Lol! I just find it weird that the day after I smoked it I felt like all my problems were cleared away. I have always thought of that as a sign that the drug could really help me. I don't plan on smoking it everyday or anything like that, but I am thinking of smoking it the odd time to see if does bring anything to the table for me.

But do you plan to use it as a relief or as something alongside a way to remove the anxiety completely e.g. therapy?

Hate to be preachy but any disorder and drugs just don't and should never mix. Just because you had a good experience once doesn't mean it will be that way again. Weed is the number one cause of dissociation symptoms, which then makes anxiety worse. If you have an anxiety disorder, stay away from it. It really won't do you any good, even if it feels that way. If anxiety is already playing around with your brain chemistry, why mess with that further?

What Lyn says is spot on so, in answer to your question - no, no and no again.

Please do some internet research on this and find out how it can be a trigger for anxiety disorders.

It may not be today, or tomorrow but at some point the chances are it will come back and bite you hard in the backside. If you value your mental health don't risk it.

I found that it helped me for quite a while (when used safely with experienced friends indoors), but one time I felt awful and I haven't used it since. I also found that it made my tremors much worse and my full body was jerking and shaking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information