Thread: Terrified of morning sickness

Terrified of morning sickness

My husband has always wanted kids but my anxiety and emetophobia has always made me afraid to have them. But we decided to anyway as I didn't want my anxiety to rule my life. I came off the pill in June and each month in getting nausea on the second half of my cycle. This month it's really bad to the point I think I am pregnant. Now I am panicking. I don't know how I will cope with the morning sickness if it's like this. I've recently stopped my citalopram due to wanting to be pregnant and was given sertraline as it's meant to be safer but have yet to take it. I thought I had a bug last week and thought I was over it but then started to feel really sick again yesterday after an hours car journey. I jave woken up in a panic today especially the thought of going back to work and sitting on a train to London. What should I do? It's awful but I find myself wishing that my period comes and I'm not pregnant

Re: Terrified of morning sickness

i was the same as you. and have since been pregnant 3 times. The good thing aabout the situation is youcan prepare for it. both you and your husband knw you might feel sick so get lots of drinks and little things to eat. and be prepared to feel crappy for a little while. IT WILL NOT LAST FOREVER and it isn't even a certainty plenty of people dont even get morning sickness.
    the worst part for me was the pregnancy test I wanted kids so bad but that little positive symbol scared the crap out of me. but when ithappens I had bout 10 mins of panicky thoughts and then it went away and you come to terms with the fact your pregnant and you remeber your in this situation because you wanted to be. be excited.
    give yoursself time to be slower than usual . Pregnancy is an adjustment. its cliche but it really is worth it.

Re: Terrified of morning sickness

There is sot of pregnancy that sucks. But there is also so many amazing things too! Morning sickness is usually the worst of it, but there are things you can do to ease it. I drank a lot of gingerale. I bet almost every women will tell you that they would go through thr morning sickness and swollen feet over again for their baby. I know I would. Something that got me through my fears about giving birth: if it was that bad women would only have one!

Thread Information