Page 1 of 90 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting there slowly....

Getting there slowly....

I'm just popping a little message on here as a way of venting I guess so sorry if my post isn't really relevant to anything.
    Recently I have decided to face my anxiety head-on and spoke to the doctor - he said that it was probably down to a change in environment as it coincided with me moving to London and starting a new job.
    I have been referred for CBT and in the mean-time am working on an online course, journalling and muscle relaxation - in all honesty I am feeling better but I can feel the worry creeping back in.
    I had a really busy weekend so still feeling really tired and dazed which isn't helping, although, this weekend I did start to feel more myself again which is fantastic - but tinged with a hint of the old 'what if...' sadness.

I have an xray on my hip on Wednesday and hopefully they won't find anything then it will be a long long road to recovery...

Has anyone who has gotten through this experienced this weird 'inbetween' stage -kind of anxious but almost there??

Any advice on how to work through it would be fab xx

Re: Getting there slowly....

Hiya, think I am where you are right now. Sort of inbetween. I'm just trying to get through the days, distracting my mind as much as possible, not letting my mind wonder and giving it time... Also going to go over more cbt stuff online later.

When are you going for your cbt? I have my assessment on the 3rd, although I've been told the waiting list for health anxiety in particular is a long one in my area so god knows how long I will be waiting. Can't wait though think it will really help x

Absolutely! This is great news! Keep working friend you are almost there!

Yeah, it definitely sounds like we are in the same place with it all... which CBT stuff are you using?

I feel asif some days in sorted and fine but today I'm back to freaking over cervical cancer even though my smear test three weeks ago was normal :(.

I'm waiting for a phone assessment from the NHS IAPT service in Lewisham but I think it will be a long wait too!
    What about you?
    xxx

http://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/reso...cfm?Info_ID=53

That's the one I've been using. Do you know of anymore?

Ah the cervical fear. I've been there, I actually had abnormal cells too which went back to normal so have mine every 6 months. Thankfully this isn't one of my fears as I feel in on top of it getting my smears.

Think you need to relax if it came back clear, although I know harder said than done, but think we need to start believing these health professionals. They are there to look after us after all.

Then again, I had a breast ultrasound in march/April which came back fine and am going for another in 2 weeks so I'm just as bad x

You will be fine darling x I promise you that

When you are already anxious and then have something else to think about you feel even more distracted with your thoughts!

You are doing FANTASTIC and I am very proud of how well you have been doing xx

Hi Jj2014

I think this is part of the recovery process. You may have days when you think you are over the HA, but it's still early days,and you have to gradually undo the way you've been thinking.

Keep doing the CBT and don't be dismayed if you do have a few blips. This is what I keep telling myself, really blipping at the moment due to exposure therapy. Keep going ladies.

---------- Post added at 12:31 ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 ----------

How are you feeling Female HA ? You are sounding upbeat.

Hello Primula,

Thank you for asking :-)

I am feeling 60% better I would say - actually managed to go and get some lunch today - which I was unable to do last week - but still feeling dizzy, when I stand for longer then a minute....

How are you doing with the exposure work? xxx

Finding the exposure very hard, but will keep doing it.

Thank you ladies - hopefully we will get through all this soon enough.

Rosiebee- We definitely need to start believing the doctors, I know how hard it is but you are so right when you say they are there to look after us!!

And Karina thanks so much . WE can get through this !!!

Primula - well done on keeping going with the exposure, it will work eventually
    xxx

Page 1 of 90 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread Information