Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting there slowly....

Re: Getting there slowly....

Yes trying to keep busy. I'm in work, so trying to distract myself. The urge to seek reassurance is strong, but I am resisting.

Ooh Hello ladies and Fishmanpa ha! Been up North for a week and did not know my password so could not contribute. Good to be back and glad everyone seems relatively good

Lucia x

Heyy Lucia!
    How was your trip?!
    How are you doing?

Welcome back ! Xxx

It was great. Seven days visiting friends and family without any worry - oh a teeny bit. On day one I tried a top on and my hand slipped and I touched my boob and for a brief minute I was like "well that's it, I've spoilt my holiday, what am I gonna do?" reply "what your gonna do is get dressed, tell yourself once that you didn't feel anything, and go and get some Yorkshire puddings with your mum - simples" When my cousins toddler hit me in the boob - all good. When my uncle hugged me tight - all good.
    When I was bad I used to try to pull myself together by thinking that everybody had problems and they managed. However, not a day goes past now without me realising that having severe anxiety and depression is debilitating in a realm of its own. Tomorrow with my given mindset I could miss the alarm, miss the bus, loose my keys, get shit on my shoes, burn the tea, rip my blouse, get stuck in a lift and it wouldn't come near to 30 minutes of how I used to feel!!
    Anyway..... ha how are you me dear?

Hi everyone, glad to hear everyone is doing ok!

I have my cbt assessment later this afternoon, I feel this dark cloud keeps coming and going. It's worse in first thing in the morning, and I keep myself really busy during the day to push it away.

It's worrying me a little bit, has my health anxiety caused depression now? I don't know? But I'm having a constant battle in my head trying to push this detached sadness feeling away. And I can do it, last night I watched TV really relaxed. It's back again this morning though...

---------- Post added at 08:30 ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 ----------

I'm on day 15 of sertraline now too.. Think they are helping take the edge off my health anxiety as I'm finding the mind power to dismiss aches twinges etc and have cut my scanning down loads. So I know I'm winning the battle of my health anxiety worries, (at the moment) just this stupid dark cloud it's left me with I need to shift!! X

Quote Originally Posted by luc View Post
    It was great. Seven days visiting friends and family without any worry - oh a teeny bit. On day one I tried a top on and my hand slipped and I touched my boob and for a brief minute I was like "well that's it, I've spoilt my holiday, what am I gonna do?" reply "what your gonna do is get dressed, tell yourself once that you didn't feel anything, and go and get some Yorkshire puddings with your mum - simples" When my cousins toddler hit me in the boob - all good. When my uncle hugged me tight - all good.
    When I was bad I used to try to pull myself together by thinking that everybody had problems and they managed. However, not a day goes past now without me realising that having severe anxiety and depression is debilitating in a realm of its own. Tomorrow with my given mindset I could miss the alarm, miss the bus, loose my keys, get shit on my shoes, burn the tea, rip my blouse, get stuck in a lift and it wouldn't come near to 30 minutes of how I used to feel!!
    Anyway..... ha how are you me dear?
    Well done you - this is such good news and so glad you enjoyed your break !!

I'm not too bad thanks, having an x-ray on my hip today so a bit worrisome this week - also feeling some pain in my lower tummy and a bit extra discharge and trying not to fall into the cervical cancer trap as I've recently had an examination, ultrasound and smear - all came back normal so I don't know why I'm freaking out :(.
    Feeling quite down today actually

Does anyone have any tips on how to convince ourselves to believe the docs?

xx

---------- Post added at 09:12 ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rosiebee87 View Post
    Hi everyone, glad to hear everyone is doing ok!

I have my cbt assessment later this afternoon, I feel this dark cloud keeps coming and going. It's worse in first thing in the morning, and I keep myself really busy during the day to push it away.

It's worrying me a little bit, has my health anxiety caused depression now? I don't know? But I'm having a constant battle in my head trying to push this detached sadness feeling away. And I can do it, last night I watched TV really relaxed. It's back again this morning though...

---------- Post added at 08:30 ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 ----------

I'm on day 15 of sertraline now too.. Think they are helping take the edge off my health anxiety as I'm finding the mind power to dismiss aches twinges etc and have cut my scanning down loads. So I know I'm winning the battle of my health anxiety worries, (at the moment) just this stupid dark cloud it's left me with I need to shift!! X
    Hi Rosie!!

I'm always worse first thing too - I tend to wake up and instantly think about what could be wrong. My boyfriend is a gem at getting me up most days though .
    I know how you feel, I was worried about depression and mentioned it to my doctor who has referred me to CBT but I'm going to see him for xray results next week so think I'll have more of a chat with him them as it is getting me quite down.

Well done on managing to relax last night - maybe keeping ourselves busy in the morning by getting straight up and making a more complex breakfast or something fun like a smoothie would help??

Good luck with your assessment - let us know how it goes .

Great news that the meds are working - you're so nearly there girl, you can do it!!

Hi ladies,

I'm afraid I'm not doing too well at the moment. Having a huge blip, I'm just not feeling well at the moment. Had a cold two weeks ago, and now I feel like I'm coming down with something again. Horrible aches and pains, that are not doing my HA any good. I know that rationally this is happening because the prolonged anxiety is exhausting me and making me more susceptible to any virus going around, but my HA brain is having a field day, and saying horrible things to me.

At the moment I feel nothing works, the sertraline doesn't seem to work, and neither does the cbt. This has been going on for seven months now, I want to be me again.

Any words of encouragement would be much appreciated.

Luc glad to hear you are doing well. X

Oh my Primula,

I am sorry to hear.

A cold, or any related attack to your immune system always makes you feel like you have been hit by a truck and can make you feel so weak and not yourself!

Look - if you are coming down with something (which sounds like maybe flu due to your cold) you are bound to feel like this -- it's normal but not nice.

Tell you HA to DO ONE! and say look - I am allowed to be ill every now and then it is completely normal...

In the meantime - Lempsip, nurofen and rest is what you need, oh yes and a big cuddle! xxxxx

Stop being so hard on yourself xxx

Thanks FHA, you're right, I am allowed to feel ill now and again, without it being something serious. I will tell my health anxiety to 'do one'. Ha ha I like that

Thankfully I have a 3 and 1 year old keeping me on my toes and my house has never looked so clean ha ha busy busy busy.

I will definitely let you know how my assessment goes. I'm looking forward to it actually. Hope I don't cry!!

My mum offered to treat me to get my hair cut after but I don't know if I'm able to just sit there looking at myself in the mirror and not take this cloud with me. Told her I would think about it.

Oh as for believing the doctors, a tip Luc gave me was to write down the test you had done on paper and tick it off as normal results and underline it. I have left my list on my drawers and it catches my eye from time to time and helps me snap out of isn't doubts I have x

Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread Information