Thread: scared

scared

hi sorry to post again but yesterday morning woke up anxiouse as usall but all of a sudden out of noware got a horrible thoughts and urge to jump of a cliff or kill myself and its has scared the the life out of me as ive never had the urge feeling before but have had the intrusive thoughts before its really worring me and scared as I keep thinking what if they make me do something I don't want to do, im hoping someone one here can relate and reassure me that its just anxiety and im not going crazy and that these thoughts or urges cant make you do something you don't want to do.sorry once again for posting again just wanted to tell someone thk you

Re: scared

Tricia I absolutely promise you those intrusive thoughts are part of an over-active nervous system. Your mind is in an over-active state and because that thought popped in there, through no fault of your own, and you're scared of it is making it stick around.

In fact because you're scared of doing it or thinking it makes it very unlikely you will actually do it...trust me!

Just take a time out, take some deep breaths and try to relax a little. I know easier said than done!

Thanks for the info.

hi thk you david for replying back to me , Ive been so worried over it that while ive been waiting for a reply on here I foned mental health matters helpline up which now I wish I never now, as i told them about what wat I thinking and the lady told me I need to go and see my gp because ive had the intrusive thoughts before and now the ive had the urge then these urges will get stronger if I don't get help so now im in panic mode since she said that to me as im thinking is she right in what she is saying, and now it seems to of reinforced the thoughts I was thinking that the urges can make you do things you don't want to do if that makes sence.i don't want to go and see my gp as im scared they will force me to go on meds as im petriefied of taking them because of the side effects specialy the one that says u can get the suicidal thoughts as I think I all ready get the intrusive thoughts and don't wan them to get worse and make me feel like that.

I often get intrusive thoughts but I realised that, although I may not be able to control my thoughts, I can certainly control my actions. These thoughts are probably more common than you think and nope, you're not going crazy. I wish you all the best.

Thread Information