Thread: A New Chapter In My Life

A New Chapter In My Life

After a year and more of sadness, I have struggled to find something positive to do with my life.

Yesterday, I registered for an Open Uni Module , which starts in October.

Previously, I have studied a few courses, online and at venues, but for a few years, I've studied online, because of Health reasons.

I have known about the Open University for a lot of years, but didn't think I was capable of being a Student, at that level.

A couple of NMP members recommended I should study through the Open Uni, because they've been OU students themselves.

It feels so good to have something to look forward to and to focus on, because I don't go out much. I don't feel so alone now, cos I know there are thousands of other people starting new things and returning to learning, this Autumn.

I am a nervous wreck, especially cos it's new and my concentration level is bad.

My troubled past, I have just put in a box n thrown away the key. New and exciting chapter of my life, has just begun.

Re: A New Chapter In My Life

Nice one !

Well done, that's a great attitude.

Box it and throw it in your mental bin. Look forward.

I've done the OU. Introduction to Social Science. It was the first part of what was going to be a degree in psychology. I didn't do the rest of it but enjoyed it.

That's brilliant well done... Have to let us all know how you get on with the course xx

OU is great, I have done a few courses with them, I am sure yo will enjoy it and studying helps to keep your mind off your anxieties. I wish you all the best with this.

What is the Open University?

The Open University allows people to study individual courses, or for a degree, in their own home and in their own time.

You have course books, local tutors and assignments which you post or submit online.

Basically it's a real university, with the same academic standards but without a campus.

What are you studying t0rt0ise?

Oh, cool. I've taken a course online once towards my grad program and really liked it. Congratulations, hope it goes well!

I hope your course goes well tortoise. I feel a bit long in the tooth to be doing something like that but I reckon it will be "good medicine" for you and something to really focus on, maybe then your concentration levels will improve too. Sometimes when you get "stuck in" ... Things start to fall into place.

That's great Ju. What are you studying?

You go girl!!

Thread Information