Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Get a plan and get on it

Re: Get a plan and get on it

Whoa, that's exactly what I have. I was making progress with it and was given reading material about it before all of this happened. Body dysmorphia has pretty much ruled my 20s and was the main catalyst for the social anxiety. Sigh, the brain.

I feel like I'm continuously saying thanks but I can't help it. You're really giving me a lot of hope when I feel otherwise hopeless. Congratulations on being off meds! I kept going off mine in the past but have also never been this manic. Though when I think rationally and push the pains aside, I realise while they came out f nowhere, there was certainly a rapid decline over the last year. Hope your weekend is brilliant.

I will thank you and you too! I think I am having a mid life crisis, my daughter wants to learn to roller skate so I have been out and bought myself some fancy roller blades so we can do it together. Think I need A&E on speed dial.

I work in the NHS, I am a manager rather than a doctor, but I am learning a lot about mental health. It is such a fine line between 'normal' and not so much. You can get there, honestly I have been loitering around here long enough to have seen lots and lots of people get out of some very dark holes. Still in touch with many of them.

This list should be bumped every day.

Double bump.

Hope you didn't manage to sprain your ankle there, cp

well nearly but mainly because my seven year old has been desperate to learn to roller skate so I bought us both some inline skates. Went out for the first time today. Not sure if this is a mid life crisis or diligent parenting but I am not ideally built at 36yrs old and 6ft 4 tall. Nonetheless we got going quite quickly in the end.

Thanks for the bumps - whether you agree with the sentiment or not I do think that it is important that those who are determined to recover from anxiety keep threads going that address the issues. Peer support is where it's at!

Quote Originally Posted by cpe1978 View Post
    Thanks for the bumps - whether you agree with the sentiment or not I do think that it is important that those who are determined to recover from anxiety keep threads going that address the issues. Peer support is where it's at!
    IMO, it's not about agreeing or disagreeing. The logic in your post is flawless. It's not a matter of can or cannot, it's a matter of do or do not. Support and encouragement are vital. Unfortunately, as I've seen here and elsewhere, there are some that for lack of a better word, are terminally ill with anxiety. No amount encouragement or advice will ever help. I see plainly that reassurance is just a short term fix be it here or from a medical professional. That for me, is the saddest part of this illness.

We should all continue to post encouraging posts like this. If 1 out of 100 benefit, it's worth the time to write it. I for one, will continue to bump this. I feel this should be a sticky on the page for others to continually benefit from your experience.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I completely agree. For all the darkness I've let into my mind the last few weeks, this post has been one of the brighter times. Knowing that with work and conviction, you can battle this and you can win. It's really helped me a lot and it should even be pinned if we can get it up there.

This time last year the dark hole I was in was about 30 foot deep. Ten years of HA had really took its tole on me. Ten years of tests, reassurance, disbelief, googling, more tests, more reassurance etc. Now with a clear mind I am perplexed as to how it took me so long to get here. Everything now seems so simple. But we know it's not, as HA feeds something on an emotional level and usually has it's roots in something. So while we don't have all the answers we might aswell go with the consensus and follow tried and tested methods advocated by those who have recovered. I think most people can get better, even the die hard reassurance seekers. It is just a matter of when they will start working on their plan.

Quote Originally Posted by luc View Post
    I think most people can get better, even the die hard reassurance seekers. It is just a matter of when or if they will start working on their plan.
    Added two words to your statement

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Regarding those for whom a plan is not on the cards it is either:

- very early days
    - the HA is not yet posing enough of a problem
    - the HA is posing too big a problem to be calm for any period of time
    - the penny has not and may not drop
    - HA has to big of a purpose in disguising or feeding something else
    - depression and apathy have broke them
    PLEASE ADD

Regarding those who are ready to give the plan a go there is so much support for you on NMP - ask questions, share stories, experiences. I will support anyone as long as their post does not start with " I know I shouldn't but I googled" or include doctor and piece of mind in the same sentence ha.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information