Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Get a plan and get on it

Re: Get a plan and get on it

These are the sorts of posts/comments I come here to see and share. I appreciate all of you for the support. I'm pretty early days (and apparently still taking punches from the dragon) but I'm so determined to get better. I always feel less good when I read too many of the hopeless posts - though I can understand cos I know how terrifying it is. But I just need to share my appreciation for the positivity. It's really hard to walk the path alone but if people have walked it first and can assure you it's possible, it's more ammo than anything else.

You certainly don't need to be alone. We have all been where you are right now.

I find getting up very difficult due to my anxiety, and it takes me a while to get on an even keel in the mornings, so I've decided to read your post when I awaken. It seem to help me put in things in perspective.

Thanks for writing it. It really should be made a sticky.

---------- Post added at 09:28 ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 ----------

Just realised you can vote on a thread. So I have given this one five stars. Get voting everyone, them maybe this will be a sticky.

Ooh thanks prim! Voted

We can conquer this HA, by reading the recovery posts, and sorting out our plan. As cpe1978 says, you can become despondant, and think it can't be overcome, when you read the reassurance seeking posts. I think I have posted twice seeking reassurance, and it doesn't help in the long run. I don't answer the reassurance posts very often, because reading them sometimes brings me down.

My plan is this , if you are interested

No googling health worries.
    Writing down my worries
    Relaxation/meditation
    Walking dog
    Trying to eat a balanced diet
    Spending time with family and friends
    Learning to live with uncertainty (difficult but not impossible)

Saying to myself every day, I can overcome this, health anxiety is not in charge I am. I choose whats good for me not health anxiety or anyone else.

Whats your plan?

Take some time if you get the chance to look up another member Tanner. She had quite a different approach, but nonetheless made phenomenal progress under some incredibly trying circumstances. She certainly inspired me on numerous occasions.

Like I keep saying the support on here has for me been so important. I must be a very visual thinker and I go through my day at work drawing on images of some of the mainstays on here whose wisdom has helped me. We all know what FMP looks like but Primula you have become Ness from Gavin & Stacey and Cpe you will always now have very long legs with rollerblades on and you wear a blue round neck jumper and jeans !!!!!

oh Luc... wass occurring? You've made me laugh out loud, thank you. I love Gavin and Stacey, being from Wales. Well I'm nothing like Nessa apart from the accent. I'm 5ft nothing with short dark hair. My son tells me I look like a little Italian Mamma. I think I look like a fab 52 year old, lol.

My vision of you... with a name like Lucia, medium height, dark hair with a mediterranean look. No doubt I'm way out.

You were small and dark Primula but you were definitely 'homely' as my gran called it. Your about right on me Primula just add out of proportion sized boobs and freckles ha.

An I definitely have long legs now sure about the round neck.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information