Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Get a plan and get on it

Re: Get a plan and get on it

Thanks for your post cpe1978. I'm going through a year long bought of HA the is like a Whack-A-Mole game.. I deal with one illness obsession and another one pops up in it's place. The change in daylight that comes in the Autumn seems to make it more pronounced. I'm doing CBT and trying to let my common sense take the wheel again instead of this damned HA being a backseat driver that is sending me into the ditch.
    Thanks again!

Thank you! Many things in there resonated with me.

Thank you so much for your advice! It was a great read and good job!

Got a bit of time tonight and did a read through of this post again. This and the Getting there slowly threads are KEY to my battle with the demon. Just reading though, the part about finding a doctor you can trust helped me immensely. I saw so many doctors and they were great but not what I needed. My family one that I've seen for years, she was the first that took me seriously and said at first to see her again in two weeks, then three, then four. Just knowing she was on my side was essential. So much love for this thread.

Thanks Chris, this is very encouraging. I like how you grouped with people that were like minded.

To the OP - that was a really useful post, so

I agree with just about everything you've said - getting a plan is key, along with a decent GP. Mine has been great in this respect, and I'm immensely grateful for that.

Just a little note to some of the other people who've read this thread; try not to personalise your anxiety. Some people refer to this as creating a thought form, and in effect, you are giving your anxiety more energy. Step away from doing this if you can, as the less energy you give to your anxiety, the more likely it is to recede.

I don't come here that much now as I'm at the stage where I can mostly manage my anxiety. I'm not cured - I never will be, as anxiety isn't like that, and accepting that as a fact was also helpful. After all, if we didn't have some sort of anxiety, none of us would live very long.

What a wonderful post, Chris! So many valid points that will inspire & give hope others. You should be really proud of your achievements. I wish you the best of everything and continued well being & positivity. Well done!

I LOOOOVE this post!

Thanks for this post Chris, it was very positive and helpful.

Hoping if I make this bold, people might click it

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread Information