Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: just started

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

Re: just started

Hi,

75mgs a day really is a tiny dose. The recommended therapeutic dose id from 225mgs a day upwards. But of course we are all different. I was on 400mgs a day but am now down to 300mgs the reduction was absolutely fine to with drawl at all. Yes sometimes it can wear off for some people but don't think about that for the moment. For me th positives far outweigh the negative for pregabalin.

sarah

Thanks Sarah. Good to know I've got plenty of room for manoeuvre!

Don't panic if you need to start going up the doses......SOME people need 600mgs a day.... you will find what is the right dose for YOU!

Saw gp today.
    He is happy for me to experiment with dosage and timings.

I'm thinking about taking my normal evening 75mg dose about an hour before bed as usual.

Thinking about when I up my dose to add another 75mg that I take it around late afternoon or teatime.

Thoughts on this please guys - I realise it is 2 doses quite close together but my anxiety is always in the evening, not in the daytime.

My anxiety is worse in the mornings. I literally shot up from taking 150mg a day to taking the full 600mg. No real side effects to report... still not loosing any weight but then probably should cut out the chocolate cake and mixed grill from the pub. I do get blurred vision on the odd occasion but nothing a bit of squinting doesn't fix. I got none of the drunkenness or stumbling around. My short term memory and recall of words is terrible but then it always was when I was drinking. I'm still doing a very technical job and coping well too.

I take 300mg at 0600 an hour before I get out of bed and another 300mg at 1200 just before lunch. Sometimes if I'm having a bad morning it's 1100 when I'm taking it. Normally by 1500 I'm feeling fine. So swap that around for your evening anxiety and maybe take your dose at 1500 and 2100 and see how you do? I think once you build up to a therapeutic level of the dose in your system things will become eaiser? I've yet to try taking my full 600mg in one go but I think a very bad morning may see that happen!

As for my anxiety it's probably saved me. I'm currently trying to withdraw from the Mirtazapine as I felt it was increase my anxiety (I'm extremely sensitive to any serotegenic drugs) and the pregabalin has meant I can actually live my life again. It's certainly one of the cleanest medications I've taken WRT to the side effect profile.

I think the greatest realization I had with the pregabalin was not to be scared of it. I'd been through the drug roundabout so many times with serotegenic drugs giving me this side effect and that side effect and never working that i was terrified of it. I was at my absolute lowest when i decided to take it and now I have much hope of recovery as I am improving day by day.

Last edited by teej; 27-09-14 at 12:22. Reason: wrong time

Hi Keggsy,

Pregabalin has a relatively short half-life, so timing when you take it can be helpful, similar to what Teej says. I'd give it a try - you can always change if it doesn't work for you. I take my dose just before bed, as my anxiety actually seemed (before pregabalin) to build up in the early hours of the morning while I was still asleep - perhaps due to the natural melatonin to cortisol shift.

Why don't you try splitting it into 3 doses..... it works for me...but we are all different.

Sarah

Thanks all three of you for your advice - appreciate it.

No problems.

Well I've been on 150mg of preg for 3 days, 1x75 at 4pm, the other at 10pm with 15 mirt.
    No noticeable side effects or benefits as yet.
    Slept OK the first couple of nights then last night could not get off and had to take a zopiclone.
    Sigh.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information