Thread: flat stools. colon cancer or ibs?

flat stools. colon cancer or ibs?

Hi. I'm 22 and for the past couple years, I have had what I though was irritable bowel syndrome. I'm not 100% sure, but I get diarrhea/constipation/flat or stringy stools/stomach pain frequently. I am thin and eat plenty throughout the day. I was talking to a friend about it and he mentioned the dreaded "C" word. He said about how colon cancer or a polyp can have the same symptoms. Now of course I'm terrified. I have never before had a colonoscopy done before, and due to bad health insurance, I want to avoid that. I'm in the process of a big move which is already expensive enough. Does anyone have IBS and can tell me if this sounds normal? Should I be concerned for Colon cancer? I'm terrified.

Re: flat stools. colon cancer or ibs?

Hey, I'd say if it's been a couple of years with no dramatic changes it could be something like IBS. I have been exactly the same for nearly 4 years (a couple of months after the birth of my son) I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy back then and it didn't show anything at all. Yes I still worry as I have HA but I just have to grin and bear it! It might be worth mentioning it to the Dr just for your own peace of mind x

Re: flat stools. colon cancer or ibs?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information