Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody here dealt with a pinched nerve in the neck?

Anybody here dealt with a pinched nerve in the neck?

Hey everyone! Been a little inactive on here for a while, and I'm sorry about that! Gotta start commenting on more threads and stuffs!

I'm really curious if anybody here has ever dealt with a pinched nerve in the neck. Throughout the summer, I've been dealing with some pretty stiff muscles in my neck and shoulders which I know can cause a whole myriad of symptoms and sensations. A couple of days ago, I started to get a "sensation" feeling in my arm. It's right below my armpit and in my pinky and ring finger. If you look at this picture here, you can see that number 5 and 7 are what's affected for me personally.

I don't really feel "anxious" over this, but I'm curious if anybody's ever dealt with it before and what they did to help solve and correct the problem/

Re: Anybody here dealt with a pinched nerve in the neck?

I am dealing with a pinched nerve in my back. They put me on steroids (a booster pack) to reduce inflammation, helped soooo much. I am also in physical therapy to realign so the pressure it taken off the nerve. That also helps a lot.

Glad I'm not alone with the whole pinched nerve ordeal! Hopefully yours feel better over time! It just seems like one of those things that everybody gets at some point and time usually heals them, eh?

Exactly! It def takes time, I am almost 2 weeks out and am better but only 70%, will still be a few weeks at least until I am back to where I need to be. SUCKS!

Yeah I've got one. Physio helped, as did massage.

Yes, I have found massage helpful, a *good* chiropractor, and ice! I ice 15 minutes on, 45 off for my neck, 20 minutes on/40 off for my back.

I apologize for my delayed reply on this thread. Seems that the general concensus is that I do indeed have a pinched nerve and it's one of those things that takes weeks to heal. Kinda interesting how nerve pain can sometimes manifest itself as a dull sensation. Yesterday it was acting up a bit, but today it seems to be better! I'll have to start icing it, like swgrl09 suggested! Hope it helps! Thank you all for your kind words and suggestions!

If a pinched nerve in the cervical spine healed in a matter of weeks if be amazed.

I had a stiff neck once and then my left arm went really numb and I struggled to lift it up. If you had asked me to lift my left arm above my head, I wouldn't have been able to. Well me being me went into a full blown panic, fortunately I managed to speak to my doctor and he said that worse case scenario is that I've got a pinched nerve in my neck. So if you've got a bad neck, it can definitely do something to your arms.

I had physio for this too, it certainly helped ne.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information