Thread: Breast lump - scan tomorrow

Breast lump - scan tomorrow

Hi all. I've been on this forum on and off, mostly when I'm at the point of totally freaking out and don't know where else to turn ...

I'm a young women, 27, in good health with no problems (except this anxiety ...). I haven't been pregnant and am not currently pregnant. I have always noticed my breasts get lumpier and pretty tender as my period approaches and then for a few days after I get it. In the last couple months, I've noticed a bigger lump on my right breast that is especially painful around my period. I had a doc appt check up two weeks after a recent period (so the lumpiness and pain was almost totally gone) and the doc said he didn't feel anything unusual but to call for an ultrasound if I ever notice the pain staying consistent and not changing with my period cycle.

Well, I had my last period two weeks ago and the same lumpy, painful spot on my right breast. It receded a little after I got my period but seemed to remain a little spot. The bump seems bigger now and very tender and painful if I press on it. I have an ultrasound tomorrow morning just to make sure everything is ok.

I am practically out of my mind with worry. My husband is super supportive but there's only so much he can do to help me. I haven't told anyone else about the ultrasound because I think I'm afraid of just talking about it in general. I am absolutely expecting the worst - breast cancer, super late stage, accelerated, something they never see in women my age, a few months left to live, etc. I'm just terrified at how I would feel if I heard those words.

I've been dealing with HA for the last six to eight months or so, at times very mild and at other times extremely severe. It comes and goes. I just keep trying to tell myself, whatever happens is ok. Even if they tell me I have cancer, it's ok. Whatever life presents, it's ok. Easy to say but nearly impossible to feel inside.

Anyways, I guess I'm just hoping for some support through this forum since I KNOW so many people on here know exactly how I'm feeling with the scan scheduled for tomorrow morning.

Re: Breast lump - scan tomorrow

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information