Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Been referred to breast clinic. Does this mean i ahve cancer?

Re: Been referred to breast clinic. Does this mean i ahve cancer?

AF- doctors don't lie and they will tell you if they think it's something sinister from the outset. It is much better tho to refer you for a scan to be 100% so that you don't have to keep worrying about the lump. It's perfectly natural to be incredibly anxious BUT the others are right in that it is better to keep ur stress levels down. Nobody can really tell you anything else on here in terms of reassurance because we aren't doctors but ur doc has said not to worry and u must trust him/her. I'm crap in these situations so I do feel for you. Xx

Quote Originally Posted by Cambrian49 View Post
    AF- doctors don't lie and they will tell you if they think it's something sinister from the outset. It is much better tho to refer you for a scan to be 100% so that you don't have to keep worrying about the lump. It's perfectly natural to be incredibly anxious BUT the others are right in that it is better to keep ur stress levels down. Nobody can really tell you anything else on here in terms of reassurance because we aren't doctors but ur doc has said not to worry and u must trust him/her. I'm crap in these situations so I do feel for you. Xx
    Thanks. I'll try.

I had a breast lump and believe me they do not lie to you or give you false hope, my Dr said I think its a mass and sent me for a biopsy, turned out to be a non malignant fibroma but better he got it checked than just sent me home as I would have spent the time it took for it to go down in a blind panic, that's why he sent me for peace of mind, I got my results the same day.
    Mouse's are very common but they need to dot the eyes and cross the Ts.

Well I went to the clinic today. the doctor thinks it's a "breast mouse". I had a scan and a biopsy. I have to go back on Wednesday for the results so more worry and waiting. The scan showed 2 other small lumps that she thinks are also fibroma's like the bigger one. She told me not to worry (haha) and that fibroma's are very common in young women.

This is a very good outcome :-) I am very pleased for u.

Quote Originally Posted by Tessar View Post
    This is a very good outcome :-) I am very pleased for u.
    I actually don't feel any better. I'm really scared about having to go back for the results.

But the indications thus at are good..... :-)

You are doing great but having to wait so long for your results is awful I know and sends the anxiety levels soaring but you will be fine I'm sure.
    I had mine and was really lucky that it was done privately paid for by my DR's so got results that day, I think if private sector can do it same day so should NHS

Quote Originally Posted by AlexandriaUK View Post
    You are doing great but having to wait so long for your results is awful I know and sends the anxiety levels soaring but you will be fine I'm sure.
    I had mine and was really lucky that it was done privately paid for by my DR's so got results that day, I think if private sector can do it same day so should NHS
    Yeah. I think it's disgusting that if you have more money you get your results straight away.

hi there! what timing, this EXACT situation happened to me 2 weeks ago. My results were a benign fibroandenoma. I'm 21 years old by the way. you can pm me if you want to talk about it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information