Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I can't handle this.... Blood in stool

I can't handle this.... Blood in stool

Sorry if this is TMI! Basically had a normal bowel movement (well thought) and when I wiped it was as if I had started my period! (Sorry!) I looked in the bowl and there was so much blood, even some splashed on the side of the bowl! I almost passed out in shock! No pain, no weight loss no anything else!
    My anxiety is through the roof to the point I am physically shaking with fear, :(
    Just why?!?

Re: I can't handle this.... Blood in stool

Piles and/or a fissure most likely

I get this a lot!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I've had fissures before, mostly when I was pregnant and then after birth but this was a lot more than a wee bit on the paper....

Yup I have seen the whole bowl filled with blood too.

So since this happened last Wednesday night (Monday now) my body has been all over the place. Constant mild stomach pain, the kind of feeling you get if you have dhiorrea or are constipated. I've been constipated but managed to go a little (which is quite loose and smelly) sorry!! Absolutely no appetite and just want to curl on the sofa. Finding it so hard to concentrate at work, on lunch break right now in bits writing this.
    Terrified to see a doctor but know I should... I am 99% sure this HAS to be some sort of bowel obstruction/cancer.

I am 99% sure it isn't.

It could be good old IBS

Go and see a doctor and get it checked out

Finally took myself to the doctor this morning. He gave me a rectal exam and told me he could feel piles inside. He is still however sending me for a sigmoidoscopy just to rule out anything sinister. Unsure how to process it to be honest! Decided to go private as my anxiety can't take the wait of the NHS!

The wait on the NHS isn't that long to be honest.

How much is it costing private?

Piles cause a lot of bleeding - I know that!

It'll be £200 maximum for private. I'm happy to pay it though? For peace of mind!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information