Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cbt - worked or not?

Cbt - worked or not?

has anyone else ever had CBT through NHS and it not worked?
    how long was each session and how long u have it for?

Re: Cbt - worked or not?

Hello there yes I have my first lot of 5 week session worked very well but my second lot with a different therapist didn't work as well as the first she didn't work in the same way as the first she didn't seem to take control and had to do a lot of talking and she listened and didn't seem to help me much as the first .x

yeh mine is i dont know wot i thought it would be like.... but it not that good.
    i do everything if she asks but still no different....

I didn't know what to expect either and I think the therepists have all got there own way of working and my first one just happened to be really good and it worked for me but my next therapist wasn't as good and I went down hill again it just didn't work the sacond time around I'm going to be assest again soon to see if I need any more if I do I hope I get a good one x

what do they do in nhs if it doesnt work? dont want to hurt her feelings but do i tell her in next session i feel i going down hill and not working :(

Hi
    Do you have score sheets or something similar to track how you're doing?
    I have these each week to do as homework,and it gives us both an idea of how things are progressing.
    If you could do something similar,she will be able to tell things aren't going well,and which areas you're having problems with.
    Otherwise I would just be honest and tell her.She may be able to suggest different ways of doing things.

yeh score sheets but she makes me do them in the half hour i have.... as cos i find them so stressful it takes up ten mins of time....

I used to only have half an hour when I went for councilling a while back.
    Its ridiculous to try and get anywhere in such a short time.
    I have an hour in CBT and even that flies by.
    I also had to wait six months for it.
    Having said that,I'm impressed with the person I've got now.

Funny you should mention this topic, my son has just finished 5 sessions with IAPT(NHS), he was just beginning to open up to her and the counselling came to an end. She said he needed further counselling and has referred him to a "charity" to be placed on the waiting list. Waste of flipping time. I have the utmost respect for any and all charities, the cuts the national health are making are putting them under so much pressure. Needless to say it was a waste of time, I just hope he starts to feel better soon, he has been through so much recently.

I could rant on about this for hours as a lot of the psychological services in our area have been closed down.

BobbyDog

Yes your therapist should notice if your not improving if not tell her that when you do the track sheets it's stressing you out I felt like that and felt I had to rush it because I had to do it in our session time but don't be afraid to tell her anything your not happy with she is supposed to be helping you x

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information