Thread: Free online meditation programme

Free online meditation programme

Hi everyone! I’m a psychology undergrad.

I’m currently conducting a research (approved by an institution in London) to verify the efficacy of a mindfulness-based meditation programme that targets various variables of wellbeing (e.g. autonomy, positive emotions). It’s an online programme, and participants will be sent materials (videos, audios) for their meditation sessions (each about 10 minutes long). It lasts for 8 weeks, and each week’s theme differs. Post- and pre-programme measures will be taken to check progress / effect.

I genuinely believe that participants are going to get something out of the programme, be it insight, be it enhanced wellbeing.
    I’m specifically looking for caucasians (over 18).

Email me if you’re interested: ucl.mbwp[@]gmail.com (remove square bracket)
    Feel free to drop any questions here too.

Re: Free online meditation programme

Why only caucasians?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Why only caucasians?
    I'm responsible only for one of a host of studies on this newly developed programme, and what I have to do is a cultural comparison between caucasians and east-asians.

as much as I want to involve everyone who shows interest.. :/

This is a different university to the previous one that posted and never came back, so hopefully those who wanted to commit to that course will see this.

Some information that may be useful off Facebook posted by Vanessa Lee:

*****Participants needed for meditation programme*****
    Hi,
    I am a 3rd year psychology undergraduate from UCL.
    I am currently conducting a research related to meditation, and I'm looking for participants from the UK. My project aims to verify the efficacy of the online version of a mindfulness-based wellbeing programme (MBWP), and to specifically compare its effect between asians and caucasians.
    MBWP was devised by Dr. Itai Ivtzan, a leading expert in the field of positive psychology.
    The programme takes a little commitment, as it spans over 8 weeks. Each week, participants will be sent via email materials (videos, recordings) that guide them through their 10-minute meditation sessions, and the theme for each week differs. The programme was designed to enhance various aspects of wellbeing (e.g. autonomy, positive emotions). Pre and post programme measures will be taken with questionnaires.
    Feel free to drop me an email if you're interested!
    Email: ucl.mbwp@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    This is a different university to the previous one that posted and never came back, so hopefully those who wanted to commit to that course will see this.

Some information that may be useful off Facebook posted by Vanessa Lee:

*****Participants needed for meditation programme*****
    Hi,
    I am a 3rd year psychology undergraduate from UCL.
    I am currently conducting a research related to meditation, and I'm looking for participants from the UK. My project aims to verify the efficacy of the online version of a mindfulness-based wellbeing programme (MBWP), and to specifically compare its effect between asians and caucasians.
    MBWP was devised by Dr. Itai Ivtzan, a leading expert in the field of positive psychology.
    The programme takes a little commitment, as it spans over 8 weeks. Each week, participants will be sent via email materials (videos, recordings) that guide them through their 10-minute meditation sessions, and the theme for each week differs. The programme was designed to enhance various aspects of wellbeing (e.g. autonomy, positive emotions). Pre and post programme measures will be taken with questionnaires.
    Feel free to drop me an email if you're interested!
    thank you for this!

Thread Information