Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Having awful day

I'm sure that when the side effects settle down you'll feel a lot more in control and less panicky and fustrated about things. It's always a good idea to play around with the meds until YOU feel comfortable with them, i do that a lot. Take more when i need to and less when i need to. Hope your having a better day today . Take Care Tara xxx

Continually varying doses of SSRI's is not a good idea at all. In the long run it confuses your system and can make the side effect profile much worse.

By all means fiddle until you have a regime that works for you and then stick with it.

Do adjust when and how much you take of betablockers and benzodiazepines but not regular medication.

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
    If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
    Robert Albert Bloch

merlin

glad your settling in now, you should feel alot better

Scooter Girl

if i wa hungry would u feed me, if i fell u you help me up, if i was crying would brush away my tears

Hi,

I know exactly what you mean about not being able to concentrate while on SSRi's as I'm on them too. I didn't notice it too much when I was on 50mg but I'm now on 100mg and find it hard to get interested in things and remember things. I also find my mind works slower so its hard to be spontaneous when having conversations. I used to be able to talk for England but when I chat these days I dont 'flow' like I used to.

Its something you get used to and I'm sure it reduces as time goes by.

I know some might think I shouldn't say this because it doesn't effect everyone but I have also found the medication has killed off my sex drive and made it impossible to cry. You may not be effected like this and I guess neither of these are serious, however I'd rather not experience them.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Caroline (apologies if I've been too honest)
    x

Both symptoms you mention are extremely common with SSRI's and why not mention them . There may be people who are experencing similar things but don't like to ask or haven't made the connection as a side effect..

We welcome honest sharing and a variety of opinions on this site. No point skipping round subjects - noone learns from that .

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
    If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
    Robert Albert Bloch

Hi

It wont be long before the side affects subside. They do take a while and at first can seem to highlight the problems.

You did well writing on here how you feel so you can get some postive advice back.

It isnt easy at first but look to the long term approach and how they can help you. I hope you are feeling a lot better now and settling into the routine of the tablets but if not give them some time please, as until then you wont know how they can help you.

Good luck and hope to hear from you soon .

Love Sal xxxxx

Hey Caroline,

Don't worry about being too honest. This is the place to do it. I've also had elements of all that you said, and i'm on a much lower dose. It's the concentration thing i'm finding hardest, and I also feel I've got less influence over my ability to pick myself up, or control my panic. Part of me wished I'd pushed to go onto amitryptiline, which I used when I was younger, but I'm not sure if I'm looking at them with rose coloured glasses. *shrugs*

Meg I didn't know not to play around with SSRI's, not that I don't take them at all or take too many, just i'll take half at say 10am and then another half at 12 or 1, maybe i should just take it all at one time. My betablockers i do take lees of them when i'm feeling good and the right amount when i'm not so good. Thanks meg for the information we learn all the time Tara xxx

Hi tara

Its doesnt matter when you take your ssri's so long as you take a continuous dose at regular times. I am on 30mg of citalopram and I take 20mg in the morning and 10mg at bedtime and its working brilliantly for me. If I take them all in one go I feel a bit funny...lol

take care
    love Sarah
    xx

Thanks for that Sarah, maybe I'll carry on doing what i'm doing now, it seems to be working for me and they don't make me feel funny when I don't take it all in one go LOL. Tara xxx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information