Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Pregabalin Journey

Re: My Pregabalin Journey

You doing OK Kitty?

Quote Originally Posted by PartyTime View Post
    You doing OK Kitty?
    Hey yeah I haven't been on much been doing lots of stuff with my kids and what not.

I have been on 50mg twice a day now for 10 days and i feel like 80% better the dope drugged feeling has worn off during the day but at night it still makes me sleepy when i take it with my mirtazapine.

Im due to see my psychiatrist today at 3.30 uk time and he is due to up the dose, Im still getting the odd anxiety rush some mornings but not every morning and im 10 times less anxious during the day and I have been outside and generally just LIVING for the past few days, it is amazing how much better i feel.

so today i think im being upped to 50mg 3xdaily or 75mg 3xdaily im not sure but he wants me above 150-200mg a day with the view to be at 300mg a day withina month or so, So i am fully prepared for the next onsalught of sleepy drunk feeling for a few days again but all in all i swear even in 10 days this medication has made a HUGE difference, i was taking 3 valium during the day in the past 10 days i have forgotten my morning dose 5 times and havent taken my afternoon does of diazepam with no ill effects.

so on saturday i decided to start tapering off my valium so instead of 5mg 3 times a day im taking 2.5mg in the morning and 5mg in afternoon and 5mg at night for 2 weeks then i'll drop the morning dose and just take 10mg and cut down 1mg every 2-3 weeks (ashton method works best for me) and i dont thinkit is going to be an issue.

So i give this med 9/10.... not 10/10 because I'm still feeling a bit off at night with it but i sleep like a log now because im completely anxiety free at bedtime.
    I will be back later today to update on my dosage increase

Hope everyone else is doing ok xx

Kitty xxx
    Mirtazapine 30mg evening
    Temazepam 20mg nightly
    Diazepam 5mg x 3 daily

Currently surfing the anxiety wave

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

Well done it sounds like it is working well for you and helping you off the valium

Quote Originally Posted by SarahH View Post
    Well done it sounds like it is working well for you and helping you off the valium
    Thank you sarah yes, I do feel it is going to be a big help in my benzo withdrawal, I dont like being on benzos and this time round i have been on them much much much longer than I wanted to be, Pregabalin just might be my life saver, and Im not feeling any issues with lowering my valium dose, so if i can get off the valium my nxt stage is to get off my nitrazepam at night, being on 2 benzos is just in my opinion completely wrong, but Im positive i can do it. thank you for the support

Kitty x
    Mirtazapine 30mg evening
    Temazepam 20mg nightly
    Diazepam 5mg x 3 daily

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

Yeah I can see that must be very hard being on 2 Benzes.... not great. But I really think pregabalin is the way forward for benzo users. When I am on the right dose I don't need any Lorazepam and although I take Zopliclone at night I have reduced that from 18.75mgs a night to 7.5mgs. So stick with it and don't be afraid of upping the dose

sarah

Wonderful to hear of your progress Kitty - it's great when something starts working isn't it? I had this myself with Preg back in May. Keep up the good work.

Albert

Thank you all

I saw my Psuchiatrist yesterday and he has upped me to 50mg 3 times a day, so I;ve taken this mornnings dose and gonna take my afternoon dose around 2.30 and then my normal night time dose to im preparing myself to feel a bit woozy again and tired for a while but i definitly have high hopes for it

Kitty x
    Mirtazapine 30mg evening
    Temazepam 20mg nightly
    Diazepam 5mg x 3 daily

Ok day 2 on 3 doses of 50mg, co-ordination is a bit off and i feel a bit drunk and vry sleepy, my psychiatrist called me today to see if i was ok told him how i felt and he said if it doesnt wear off in a week he will prescribe me 75mg in the am and 75mg in the pm instead, but i feel much calmer still, I must admit no major horrible side effects, im actuallly in love with this mediacation, it's seriously been a live saver for me and i ahve only been on it for 2 weeks.

I will keep everyone updated xxx

Kitty love xxx
    Mirtazapine 30mg evening
    Temazepam 20mg nightly
    Diazepam 5mg x 3 daily

Hello
    I've been following your pregabalin journey with interest,coz I'm also on it for anxiety.
    Like you I started on a small dose and built up gradually.that was 2yrs ago and I'm still on and I am in love with this medication and don't ever want to come off it.even after 2yrs its still keeping my anxiety at bay and solving a few other health issues I've had.
    I take 100mgs three times a day along with 150mgs per day of venlafaxine.
    Pregabalin is by far the most usefull,effective medication I've had and given me my life back.
    Just thought id share my experience of pregabalin.
    I look forward to the next post of your journey.good luck-John

Quote Originally Posted by john61 View Post
    Hello
    I've been following your pregabalin journey with interest,coz I'm also on it for anxiety.
    Like you I started on a small dose and built up gradually.that was 2yrs ago and I'm still on and I am in love with this medication and don't ever want to come off it.even after 2yrs its still keeping my anxiety at bay and solving a few other health issues I've had.
    I take 100mgs three times a day along with 150mgs per day of venlafaxine.
    Pregabalin is by far the most usefull,effective medication I've had and given me my life back.
    Just thought id share my experience of pregabalin.
    I look forward to the next post of your journey.good luck-John
    So Pleased you find this medication so good for you, I unfortunately am taking a lot of meds all at once my med regime now is

50mg pregabalin 3xdaily
    5mg diazepam 3xdaily
    45mg mirtazapine at night
    10mg nitrazepam at night

but i have found since starting pregabalin my need for my daily doses of diazepam have become less, so I am currently tapering off my diazepam by 1-2mg every 2-4 weeks (ashton method) obviously for minimal withdrawal issues, slower the taper the better when you;ve been on benzos long term.
    Still trying to get used to the dopey feeling in the afternoon after my 2nd dose of pregabalin but as with my initial 1st morning dose Im hoping this wears off as quickly as it did before, within a few days the drunk/sleepy feeling wore off and i was very much more motivated so i shall keep it up for another week or so before taking my psychiatrist up on the offer of the 75mg morning and night, although he did suggest i get up to 300mg per day so preferably only taking it twice a day am and pm. but i will as always keep everyone up to date on my experience and hopefully it keeps getting better

Kitty x
    Mirtazapine 30mg evening
    Temazepam 20mg nightly
    Diazepam 5mg x 3 daily

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information