Thread: End Panic a web site???

End Panic a web site???

Has anyone else ran across this web site: http://panicend.com
    and, has it helped them. I have found it very informative and think it 'is' a cure to panic attacks and therefore fear. In the past I started first with panic attacks (age sixteen) then agoraphobia (five years in the house). For over forty years I have been "blessed" with anxiety and didn't know it. In these past recent years I've come to look at these attacks as gifts, instead of those dreaded, raised, ugly heads of fear.

Now at sixty-four I look forward to those gifts.

Rose

Don't walk in front of me I may not follow.
    Don't walk behind me I may not lead.
    Just walk beside me and be my friend

I am not sure I understand the correlation between anxiety attacks and gifts. Have you discovered a secret that allows a person to enjoy and look forward to anxiety???? I am very confused by your post.

Sheryl

Why stay in prison when the door is wide open?

great reading, thanks.

mirryx

Had a quick look.
    Looks like same old - same old to me.
    Phill

Don't believe everything you think.

I am kind of confused by the word 'gift' being used to describe having anxiety and as far as the site, that is the same one that 'Dennis' (for all who remember him) used to refer to. I believe that site basically talks about the Clare Weeks approach to overcoming anxiety. Basically facing the fear that is associated with panic and not fighting that feeling and then let it pass and move on from there.
    It is a supportive site with a message board and seems like people are there to help one another but personally I would never go anywhere else but here for support because I have found so much great info and so many wonderful people here.
    I do think that the approach that they have adopted is a good one but I would hardly call it a cure for anxiety.
    Also I have to wonder why you have felt the need to post this same message more than once?
    Web Site Panic End
    xxx
    Sandy

Sandy said: (Also I have to wonder why you have felt the need to post this same message more than once?)

I posted this site twice, because the first time I posted it someone reading it said it was very helpful and to post as a separate subject. I don't know the people who have the site, but after reading it I did find it very helpful and do truly believe it to be a good way to handle panic attacks. I'm new to this site and if I've over stepped some rule, I'm sorry.

Sheryl........ To answer your question of why I call a panic attack a gift. For forty some odd years I've had fears which caused panic attacks or just plain out of the blue panic attacks. I have found that when I changed my way of thinking to understanding what was happening to my body, during a panic attack, it made me think of other people and what they go through with anxiety. In the long run I wound up working in health care with the elderly and found even at the age of ninety-eight years old I met a woman with panic attacks. I think it made me sad that I would end up like this woman and I didn't want that, so I tried a new tactic on handling panic attacks. I let them come and dove into them with happiness, instead of tensing up, knowing they would offer me more wisdom about myself, and others. Years ago when the panic attacks were full blown everyday, I didn't care about anyone but me. They held me captive in a house for five years and I hated being around people. My life was waiting for a panic attack around every corner. Now I can at least understand and give to other people. This is why I have called them a gift.

As far as the support on this board, I wish I had had it, when I was in my twenties, thirties, forties and fifties. It's a great group, with loads of information. People talking to people, the greatest commune of all. I see woman and men in their twenties and I guess I don't want to see them end up like I was. I guess that's why I've tried to pass on what I have learned. If everyone passed on what they've learned about anything it would be a much easier world to live in.

Hope I've answered some questions, and may this New Year be a beacon of light to all who know themselves.

Rose

Yes I have seen that website before, nothing I've not already heard but anything that helps has got to be a good thing!

'Never be afraid to try- remember, amateurs buit the Ark...professionals built the Titanic'

Thanks for posting the link, Rose. As the man who created the site acknowledges, his method is based on Claire Weekes approach of accepting panic and letting it wash over you. The site is a summary of her ideas and I'm sure some will find it helpful.

The Claire Weekes book which I found really helpful was Self Help for Your Nerves:

http://amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h_...or+your+nerves

It was my constant companion when my anxiety was really bad. Most people on here know of it already, but it really is worth it's weight in gold.

It is wonderful that you have changed your attitude to your panic attacks and accepted them completely - in this way they lose their power over you. I hope your recovery continues.

Hi Spuds,
    In reply to your note (It is wonderful that you have changed your attitude to your panic attacks and accepted them completely - in this way they lose their power over you. I hope your recovery continues.)

Thank you for the nice reply back. I need to tell you how this book (Self help for your nerves) became my bible a long time ago. I took it out of the Library and couldn't return it. I wound up paying the over due monies owed, which were more then the book itself. Then finally told the Library I had lost it. You see, I couldn't/wouldn't give it back. It went with me, if I was stuck in a doctor's office or anywhere I had to wait. Waiting during the terrible years was the worse. Every thought I had drove me into a severe panic attack. I'd leave wherever I was. The publisher back then was Angus and Robertson, year 1974 and I was thirty-two years old. I thought and was convinced I was going to die at the same age as Jesus.

Needless to say I didn't and hung in there longer then what I have ever thought. Now all I want to do is pass on my days of anxiety, panic attacks, agoraphobia, fear of driving, fear of dying, on to others. I hope I am doing just that. Those Ugly Heads have stopped popping up out of no where. I know now, because I welcome them to teach me more knowledge.

Hope you also are in control of whatever demons you may have. Thanks again.

Rose

how can you call the attacks a gift i suffer with them they are hard to cope with .i wish i could get rid of them

Thread Information