Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will it ever get better?

Re: Will it ever get better?

The idea is that you have to accept feeling anxious, and not try to fight it or wish it away (because wishing it away means you DON'T accept it).

Claire Weekes' mantra for success is face - accept - float - let time pass.

Wishing to feel better now is normal, but means you haven't accepted anxiety or let time pass.
    Thinking about floating instead of fighting is amazingly helpful - it reduces the anxiety-adrenaline cycle.

I have no idea how to do that! Especially when I have to tell myself reassuring thoughts as part of my CBT!

---------- Post added at 17:05 ---------- Previous post was at 17:03 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by flossie View Post
    Well done for going shopping. Remember, you don't need to do everything in one day. Pace yourself, don't be in a rush to feel better. Trying to push yourself will only serve to tire you out too much which will increase your anxiety levels, which as you already know makes you more tired, which makes you even more anxious....... it's a continual circle.
    Try going for short walks without having to go anywhere in particular. You are in charge of where you go and you can turn round and go home when you want. If you can get out, even for a little while, each day that will help you feel more positive. If you don't go out though do not beat yourself up about it. Tomorrow is another day.
    When you have done something like going shopping recognise that you may be a bit more tired or anxious afterwards. Don't fight it, accept that this is how it is for now and it is OK. Be really proud of yourself for doing it and smile because you are made of tougher stuff than you realised.
    Sorry, I didn't see this post! Thank you for your kind words. I am trying to accept it's how things are right now. It's hard to believe I am tough though!

How you feeling Brie? Chickpea is right the Claire Weekes book is really good, another one that I found really helpful and easy to read was Paul David's 'At last a life', he more or less teaches the same as Claire Weekes though.
    Anyway I hope you're feeling a bit better! xx

I am feeling okay. It rises and falls. I just want to get back to how I have been lately where the anxiety is still there, but at least I feel comfortable when I'm not out. Thank you everyone for your support. It's helped me considerably.

I feel the same way I'm always panickying my panic attacks last all day driving me in sane

Sorry But i am decided to get 99 %better.the one percent is to keep some excitement in my life. Its the reason we see scary movies or read .
    When you don't feel like eating but want to be nice to yourself put some fresh fruit in a blender add yoghurt or buttermilk and protein powder and add some frozen fruit aswell and you have a great drink(smoothy)
    Anxiety takes a lot of energy and your brain works better when there is something to burn.
    Try it you will love it.i think when we are in an anxiety state we should be extra nice to our body's. Warm showers, some nice body cream go to bed early with a good book, walk in nature
    All the best

I have been trying to do that. Today is a bit rough but I am slowly feeling less constant anxiety. I find a bath before bed definitely helps at the moment as I am often particularly anxious in the morning and night.

Thanks again everyone for your help. I would be very lost otherwise.

Hello Psychadelic-Brie

Yes - It will get better.

Only you can do it - think positive.

That's what I tell myself.

although it is not working at the moment as I feel really low and frightened thanks for the input all of you nopey

Thanks hopey. I too, feel extremely frightened right now. I am feeling very panicky and can't think straight. I am moving out of my ex's house next week. I am worried I won't feel comfortable back at my mum's. I have to say goodbye to my girl rats soon because I can only take the boys with me. I am also grieving for my relationship. I didn't feel good yesterday and hoped today would be better, but I just feel worse. I can't stand the thought of it being this way forever.

It won't be this way forever. you are going through a really rough patch in your life at the moment. Anyone in your position would be feeling the same, anxiety sufferer or not. The feelings you are experiencing are completely normal given the circumstances. Give yourself permission to grieve for your broken relationship, the things you are losing and the changes that need to be made. The time will come when you will be able to think more clearly and start to move on to better and bigger things.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information