Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Will it ever get better?

Re: Will it ever get better?

Thank you. You are right. The rational part of me knows everything you have just said is right. But I feel so panicky and I can't worrying it's going to get out of control. I really just want this part of my life over so I can come out the other side. It's like a really bad nightmare. I feel so panicky it's hard to do anything. It's paralyzing and I have loads of packing to be doing and cleaning.

Hi -brie,

I started visiting these forums in 2006 when I first started to seal with bad anxiety and panic attacks. Everyone here assured me it would pass. Well guess, what? It did! It takes work, but eventually after you just let the adrenaline rushes come and go the best you can, the anxious feelings you have will become less and less. Eventually anxiety it won't be on your mind.

I know that's hard to believe right now, to think you will live a life without thinking about anxiety. If you look at my first posts here I was so scared about not living a normal life, but the last eight years have been wonderful. Yes, I suffered a bit of a setback a couple days ago and I'm working on recovering, but it's a road I've been down before and it can be overcome again.

You have a lot to live for and this is the only chance at life you get, don't even think for a second that you'd be better off by not living. Keep working with your therapist and keep coming here for support. When you feel anxiety coming, let it come and tell yourself that this anxiety can't hurt you. The day will come where you'll be okay and you'll be able to share your success story to help somebody else.

Much love...

Joe

That's very kind of you to say. I think I am slowly realising it will get better but it's just a particularly rocky time right now. I got better before, I just feel I don't have the same willpower as last time. But I sort of have to, so I'm sure I will. I worry about posting lots on here in case I annoy people. So I try to keep it limited. Panic makes me rather erratic I find!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information