Thread: waking early hours

waking early hours

DOES ANYONE WAKE UP IN THE EARLY HOURS WITH PANIC ATTACKS, THIS SEEMS REGULAR WITH MY ATTACKS. I TEND TO TRY TO BREATH SLOWLY AND RELAX, IF THAT DOESNT WORK I HAVE TO GET UP , TAKE A DIAZEPAM AND COME ONLINE TO PRE OCCUPY MY MIND.. I HAVE WOKE UP AGAIN THIS MORNING AT 1.10AM AFTER 3 HOURS SLEEP WITH PANICKY FEELINGS, ONLY THIS TIME I AM TRYING TO GO WITHOUT THE DIAZEPAM, I FELT A BIT SICK SO I HAVE HAD A PEICE OF FRUIT AND SOME GREEN TEA. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ON WHY I COULD BE WAKING WITH PANIC. MANY THANKS, PAUL

Hi Paul

I think you tend to sleep in cycles of 3-4 hours. Maybe you've sleep through one cycle and your unconcious mind wakes you up...but I'm not expert. I have the opposite problem where it takes me a while to drop off to sleep.
    Tell yourself that at least you have have a few hours sleep and its not a catastrophe that youve woken up early, that will only make you panick more. You know you can function still the next day so just let the feelings wash over you and relax with it. Although its easy for me to say as I have the same probs.

Hope you feel better soon

Alison

Hi Paul,

I agree with what Alison says, although I'm no expert either! [:P]

I find I wake up with panic when I've got extra worries on my mind.

Maybe, once you get back to exercising more at the gym, this will help you get a better nights sleep as you will be releasing your adrenaline through physical exercise.

Hope you have a good day today!

Kate x

I keep a radio next to my bed.
    So if I do wake early feeling a bit shaky then I have something to listen to, to distract my brain.

There could be many reasons why you are waking in the early hours.

If you sleep during the day, you are less likely to sleep at night.

It could well be that your mind is telling you that for some reason it dislikes the dark.
    If you have something on your mind, that could well be another reason why you are waking up early.

Love, light and Best wishes
    Liz xxx
    With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
    The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

Real nighttime panics are usually from the subconcious mind.Wake up in a sweat etc

Different from waking - thinking and then immediately going into a panic .

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
    If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
    Robert Albert Bloch

hi paul i wake up with panic attacks it does do ur head in, touch wood havent for months try drinking tea before u go to bed or have a bath that helps sometimes

Hi Paul

When i am going through a really tough patch i am like you and wake up in a panic attack rather than waking up then going into one.

They are really horrible. You do right by getting up and having something to eat and coming on line as it takes your mind of it.

I know i have woken up before having them and been petrified to move and feel i cant breath. Like meg says it is from the subconscious mind, not nice at all to have to cope with.

How did you manage with not taking a diazepam?

Love Sal xxxxx

Hiya Paul

Hope you are feeling a bit better now - I know you have felt a bit rough all day.

I wake a lot in the night but not with panic so I can't fully understand but there are loads of posts on here from people that do suffer so you are not alone.

Hope you feel better soon ok?
    xxx

Nicola

paul

i used to have panic attacks early in the morning, like 5am, as i have a fear of school so i was terrified to wake up on a school week. they stopped about 3 weeks before my school yera ended

i have this smelly, 'thing' which helps me sleep which is from an aramopheripy shop called Meadows

Scooter Girl

if i wa hungry would u feed me, if i fell u you help me up, if i was crying would brush away my tears

I too find that I am waking up in the early hours and am feeling sick. I have been to the docs recently for the sickness and he has prescribed medication for this. I also have to get up and sometimes find it easier to sleep ont he sofa (no idea why this is!). I have been taking sleeping pills but they make me feel dreadful the next day. Going through a bad patch at the mo so dont worry you are not the only one!

Thread Information