Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Struggling to cope - Updated HERE I GO AGAIN

Struggling to cope - Updated HERE I GO AGAIN

Hi All

Am having a really bad few days and Today just dont know how to get through this, I have a diazepam from the Doctors but am too scared to take it,

I feel that I am going to die or get locked away in a mental ward, I just want my life back, not matter what I am told i can not beleive this can be anxiety, I feel like a stranger looking in on myself, as if i am about to slip away and either die or go mad, I am confused and getting strange thoughts, could this be the end for me?

I keep having crying outburts and just generally think i am never going to be normal again,

Any advise please, I just am not coping with this

Wendy

(((((((((HUGS)))))))))
    Wendy you are not alone hun! It is just anxiety that you are feeling, and I feel the exact same. It's been a bad few days for me too, but we can try and get through this!! We need to be strong!! Feel free to send me a message anytime!!

Take care

Louise xxx

Hi Wendy, oooooooo I do feel for you because I have had many days like you are having now.

Listen to me please, You simply have too much adrenalin in your system at the moment. You certainly are NOT mental, you will NOT go into a mental ward, this I can promise you

You are NOT going to die either, all that is going to happen is you will be feeding your mind with more anxious thoughts and this you CAN stop, I promise.

Put the kettle on, put some relaxing music, take some long ,slow breaths and come back here to let me know how your getting on....
    I will reply, honestly Wendy, you will come thru this and you will smile again

mirryx

Wendy, what you are doing now is seeking reasurance, this is because your mind is racing with "WHAT IFS", you are already wondering , what if I go mad , or what if I die,.....................
    you will have many what ifs if you are feeling anxious.

Ive had anxiety and panic for 5 years now, and when I get bad days or weeks I just tell myself its a blip, it will pass.
    The worst thing you can do is castrophise it, you have the power to stop this.

I take the odd diazepam pill, it wont harm you at all, that I promise
    take it, you will feel much much calmer.

mirryx

Hey wendy

How you feeling now hun? I used to feel exactly the same. I never went mad, died , went schizo, killed anyone hurt any one NOTHING.

You are not psychic, what you are experiencing is anxiety.
    Anxiety = thoughts, all be it negative. But that is all it is THOUGHTS!

Thoughts cant hurt you, they are scarey yes, I know that, I used to tell myself positive affermations everyday, there a bit like a mantra, I said tem over and over again, to myself or sometimes out allowed.

The whole point of an affermation is that they are positive. I used to say
    Im calm
    Im safe
    and Im in control (I was scared I was going to just lose control and go mad)
    Believe it or not there was something soothing by doing this. Wether it was the distraction I dont know but it worked.

People say that women/men who are are verbally abused by there partners ie told there ugly, fat etc will eventually beleive it themselves.

The point I am trying to get at is, all the time your saying theses negative things to yourself, am I going mad etc??? Its having a negative impact.

I know and really I know its easier said than done, but give it a go. You have nothing to lose??

I was unbelievable anxious and paniky when it all began but slowly the good days began to out do the bad. Dont get me wrong I do end up anxious sometimes but NO WHERE near like I was before.

Please feel free to PM me or I am on MSN messenger]
    Kim_wilkinson487@hotmail.com

Hi Wendy

The others have all said the helpful stuff but I want you know I was there in the scary 'going mad' place too and thought I would never get out and I would ahve to be locked up forever.

And although I get panic attacks still it isn't in the deep scary world now and they much easier to control on my terms.

So it won't be like this for ever - just try to let it ride as sometimes when they are really bad you can't fight it. And your body may need to get out them out of the way so you can begin to get better.

Hugs.

Thanks everyone for your replies, I am still struggling again today, I have new sensations that am not sure can be purely anxiety, I dont feel like me, as if im almost watching myself from far far away, everything around me if odd, if is awful, wish it will soon pass,

Thanks again xxx

Wendy,

First off big hugs! Your not the only one who feels like this. It will get better.

Work like you don't need the money, Love like you've never been hurt, and dance like nobody's watching

I have the detached feeling too Wendy. It's just reall odd isn't it?
    Try not to worry - it is all part of the big nasty. Let it happen as I promise you Wendy it won't be here forever.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Thanks everyone for your replies, I am still struggling again today, I have new sensations that am not sure can be purely anxiety, I dont feel like me, as if im almost watching myself from far far away, everything around me if odd, if is awful, wish it will soon pass,

Thanks again xxx

<div align="right">Originally posted by wendy - 29 December 2006 : 16:41:57</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Depersonalisation, it is one of the scariest aspects of anxiety. I still get it now and again and I just ignore it.
    Take a diazepam hon, give yourself a breather from this. One won't do you any harm at all.

Nel xxx

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information