Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Struggling to cope - Updated HERE I GO AGAIN

Well said id need support and here I go again........ my sensations are back (infact never really went) in force! I am posting here to try and divert from getting into that downward spiral again, had found a little teeny bit of positivity and am not willing to let it go, I am trying to get myself able to venture to a friends tomorrow but am scared if i feel like this I will ruin everyones nite, and something dreadful will happen, any tips on how to get myself motivated to take this step, sorry that I am so needy right now,

Wendy x

Well done, Wendy!

Ok, it didn't go as perfectly as you would have liked, but you went, and you survived!

Try and go to your friends tomorrow. Think through the things that you are worried about. Try not to just think that "something bad might happen", really think it through asking yourself to see the scenario through to it's final conclusion. It's never as bad as we anticipate!

Kate x

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

WOW Wendy ! You did it. OK you felt c**p but you still DID IT! I am sure you know already (but I will just tell you anyway! ) ...... It is only through facing the fear and ACCEPTING the panics and weird feelings that slowly, very slowly, you will have moments when you lose yourself in the moment and you won't be analysing how you feel all the time. Those moments become minutes, then hours etc. Soon you will have long periods of being anxiety free. That is all to come - and it will - but for now it is those little steps that will get you there. Try not to think about whether you will or won't go to your friends tomorrow. Live for this moment, or as my hubby says to me 'don't get off the train until it is at the station.' Just be proud, very proud that this afternoon you put anxiety behond you - and it tried to do it's very worst - but you still DID IT! The score tonight is - Wendy 1 Anxiety 0. Tomorrow will come soon enough and that holds a new page for you to write on.
    Love Dawn x

'Hold me close, let Your love surround me, bring me near, draw me to Your side; And as I wait, I'll rise up like the eagle, and I will soar with You; Your spirit leads me on, In the power of Your Love.'

WOW - you went shopping!! So pleased and proud of you Wendy. That's brave.

Think of the good things about seeing your friend tomorrow and just play it as calmly (ho ho) as you can. Nothing will happen to you at your friends that can't be dealt with.

Thanks for all replies, am (dare i say it) a little brighter today, still feel odd but not as odd as yesteraday if that makes sense! Had a few drops of Valerian that I got from the health shop and it helped me get a few hours sleep, going take everyone's advise and try and get out tonight, is so hard going this anxiety and get sick of my constant self talk and new symptoms but going to give it a go! x

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information