Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Struggling to cope - Updated HERE I GO AGAIN

I am sorry to go on but am sure that I am finally going to go mad, Things are so so bad that i dont know what to do, I am shakin inside and out so much and my body feels like it is goin stiff, I have a vision of myself in a mental home just sat shaking and not knowing who anyone is, what is happening to me, I am so sure that i am worse than anyone else has ever been and I will never be normal again, has anyone ever felt this bad??

I have gone past the stage of been able to do breathing exercise as I am so confused, nothin looks or feels normal has hasnt for days, everywhere I read that panic last mins or hours not days and days on end so what can be wrong with me, my mind is whirling so fast, can anyone help please x my thoughts are scaring me xxx

Wendy - I have been there at my very worst. And I am virtually holding your hand honey.

This is horrible. Have you anyone with you at the moment?

Gosh Wendy I so want to help you!
    Take a diazepam, and read this self help stuff (link below). The site helped me lots of times:

http://www.anxieties.com/free.php

Thanks for replies, really am having a nightmare, am on my own at moment, just wish I could have a days off from this, the panic attacks come in Wave after wave and wouldnt wish this on anyone, really helps that you all understand, think it just me with this at time x

Just try to breath Wendy and find a safe place for yourself so the big nasty can get on with it - when it's a huge one you can do little to stop it. It's like being at sea in a storm.

It will ease xxxxxxxxx

Wendy there are so many people here who can identify with how you are feeling.

What we can all tell you is that you are not going mad and this is a passing phase - it's horrible when we feel this acute but all of your symtoms can be clarified. I don't know whether you have ever read Claire Weekes books 'Self help for your nerves'. It's reassured me more than once I can tell you.

When you have this much adrenalin rushing round your body it makes you feel frightful - could you do some gentle exercise to try and get rid of it. Even just doing circle movements with your arms while you are sat in a chair will help.

Also an ongoing thing should be regular muscle relaxation exercises - it's amazing how much tension we hold in our muscles, which can cause a whole host of problems.

Try and drop your shoulders and your jaw and slump your body into the chair, this will send a message to your brain to relax. You are not on guard duty hun and you are perfectly safe, so let go just a little.

Big hugs

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Wendy, I have had the depersonalisation feeling, I have believed I am going mad, I have known all about the breathing etc but not been able to do it and I have had the anxiety for days and days on end. I remember reading that the anxiety reached a peak and subsided but it didn't with me in a matter of hours, it was days. I am here, it did pass I am not mad. Please believe it is a blip.
    I know it is so hard to believe it when you are feeling so c**p, but it will pass/ subside in time.
    Happyone
    x

Wendy, how are you now ?

You sound very sensible, infact us panic people are the opp of mad !!!

Did u take the diazepam ? did it help ?

You will get past this horrible patch and when you do . you can then use that evidence for next time you feel bad.....
    you will remember that you felt bad once before but it did go away.

mirryx

Hi Wendy, it has been a while since I last posted but I read postings on here nearly every day. I can honestly say that I know exactly how you feel. Nic will verify that last year I couldn't even get out of bed for fear of collapsing, losing control, being carted off to a mental hospital. I really thought I was totally losing the plot. I felt my head swimming and that I was looking on but not in control of myself/thoughts. I knew that I should get a grip and accept all my feelings as anxiety but a little part of me would NOT accept that. It is with hindsight that you realise that until you accept that anxiety can mask all these feelings (assuming your Dr has told you that is what it is) you will continue overloading your body with adrenalin. When adrenalin has no where to go (flight or fight) then you body diffuses it throughout the body and thats when the dp/dr, flushes, wobbliness, pounding racing wobbly heart happens. So easy to write about but so hard to ACCEPT. With anxiety you are so concerned with watching for every new symptom that your life becomes so inward looking and then our minds race with - 'this is it I am losing the plot.' I still have the most weird thoughts - totally bizarre, I still get the jelly legs, dizzy head, irregular pounding heart but 5 years on from when it first reared it's ugly head I just have to accept that Mr Anxiety is never far from me but he will not take any more of my life from me. Please Please take the reassurance offered to you from the wonderful people on here and for the moment just try to believe that you, like many others WILL recover from this blip, you are NOT going mad and recovery WILL happen. I really pray that you will find peace and not suffer anymore anxious thoughts. Love Dawn x

I sympathise with you Wendy, this is so horrible. When I was poorly I felt exactly the same, I didn't think I was ever going to get better. It was almost as if I had been abducted by aliens and returned the wrong way round and inside out!

But, I did get better and so will you like everyone is saying. This is the darkest side of anxiety and panic but it can be overcome. Please accept what your doctor is offering, if only as a temporary measure to get you over this period.

I also hope and pray that you will find relief soon.

Take care

Lotsa luv

GG

xxx

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information