Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Struggling to cope - Updated HERE I GO AGAIN

Wendy,

I have or have had all of the exact symptoms you describe. I completely understand where you are coming from. I recently got on Lexapro, and I take Lorazepam(Ativan) for anxiety when I need it. These have helped me a lot, but Im still waiting for the full effect. When I had it the worst about a month ago I'd wake up with that feeling and go ALL day long with it, I felt like I was going crazy and just like I didnt understand life and all the commotion etc. It's like a disconnect from reality thats why they call it depersonalization/derealization. And when you're feeling it, it feels so rational, almost like wow this is how Im going to think for the rest of my life. But it does fade away with time. What really helps me is to have some bench mark events in the week that I look forward to. For example: a TV show, or a get together with friends. Try to have something you do when you wake up as a routine, and also something you do once a day even if it's really simple.

PM me any time!! (one of my distractions is replying to PMs and posts that I can relate to!) :-)

Lauren

Morning all

Well i guess im still here, not dead or gone crazy (Yet !![:I][:I])

I am overwhelmed by so many caring replies and all your advice if very helpful and comforting,

Had the night from hell (had a quarter of a quarter of diazepam, didnt dare to swallow it) - Just so afraid

I am going to try and go out today, dont feel good still but after 5 days of sitting in with this have decided I have to make a move and try and shake this damn awful thing off.

I am still concinced the worse is about to happen but going to take on board everyones advice and do something to try and change this, its is so so so hard,

Again, I cant thank you all enough for taking the time to reply and re-assure me, I am so gald you can relate to me and I am not the only one

Will update you on my day later, Hope everyone has a good anxiey free day

Take Care

Wendy xxx

Well done Wendy, that's the attitude. Try and go out - little steps - each one a move in the right direction. Leave the 'What If's' at home! Not sure whether this helps - maybe now isn't the time to think it? - but I tried to imagine the worst that could happen - for me it was collapsing and being taken off to hospital. Then I looked for the evidence - has it ever happened? For me the answer was 'No'. Then I put the fear into perspective eg It has never happened even though I have felt many times inches away from collapsing - but it has Never happened so why will it happen just because I choose to leave the safe environment of my home? I know this is all easier said then done. I just hope that some of it helps/ registers and eases your anxiety a little. Enjoy whatever you do - remember Little Steps.
    Dawn x
    PS I was taking Cipralex 10mg (and Diazepam 5mg when needed) when I was at the height of my anxiety. I hated taking the meds but they allowed my body respite from the constant state of heightened alert it was in. Again I can say all this with hindsight. You can and will conquer your fears......

'Hold me close, let Your love surround me, bring me near, draw me to Your side; And as I wait, I'll rise up like the eagle, and I will soar with You; Your spirit leads me on, In the power of Your Love.'

Yes, a big Well Done to you Wendy!

Getting out of the same four walls, even if you do still feel strange and panicky, will definately help.

Try and go for a short walk to get rid of some of that adrenalin. It really does help.

Let us know how you get on.

Kate x

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

Well Done Wendy ((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) xxx

Take Care

Mandyxx

Well, went out and got back from a couple of hours shopping, feel more like I have climbed mount everest!!

Not going to be too hard on myself coz at least I went out but it didnt go too well, had 5 major panic attacks with full on anxiety inbetween but did manage to do a couple of que's.

Felt everyone was looking at me and that I would collapse any second, obvioulsy I didnt but feel like c**p now but guess I felt c**p to start with so havent ended up any worse for the experience!

I feel like slapping msyelf to end these constant thoughts I keep having and feel awful coz everyone's voice sound like an echo to me and is annoying me, I feel really worried still about these feeling but am trying my best to keep going, Bloody anxiety hey!!

I am determined I am goin to come on here and post about a good day instead of my constant moaning! Its strange coz I really love everything about life (well used too) the days out, nights with friends, walking with my dog...... anxiety has the ability to take away it all, but at least realise from all your comments that it doesnt have to be this way and despite how bad I feel now I am not prepared for it to take anymore of my time away from me, tomorrow is a new day and the start to a new year is near and I going do my best to beat this so think I going to be asking for a lot more of all your help!!

Thanks for everything

Wendy xx

I think you deserve a really big clap for showing such determination today hun.

Big well done to you - noone can do more than try their best and you totally did that today!!

Love Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Thanks Piglet, you made me proud of myself then! What can I say, thank god for everyone here to help each other along in the right direction x

Wendy,

WELL DONE!!! Going shopping was a huge achievement!!! BIG HUGS!!!

You are definately not alone. I have felt like you at times. The panic can be overwhelming!

Please don't be scared of taking your diazepam. You could try breaking the tablet up and taking just a quarter at a time until you are confident you know what it feels like to take it. You won't suddenly get any scary feelings, I promise. Diazepam just gently makes you feel a little drowsy, not even drowsy exactly, more like chilled out! It's a nice feeling, nothing to be scared of, and if you only take a quarter or half a tablet you will hardly notice anything, I promise. Please PM if you want to ask anything as I will be more than happy to help. I get nervous about taking new medicines also.

GOOD LUCK! You seem to be doing really well. [Wow!]

shoegal xxx

Hi Shoegal

Thanks for your reply, I am so nervous when It comes to meds, Really wish I dare to take them, Still not too good so may be brave and try half

Thanks again

Wendy x

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information