Thread: Panicking pretty hard

Panicking pretty hard

Hi everybody, before I start this post rest assured that I have an appointment booked to check out these symptoms, but while I'm waiting for that the anxiety is really starting to get to me.

For the best part of a year I've been experiencing some mild testicular pain but I kept shrugging it off like an idiot despite it causing me a great deal of stress, and it didn't get that much worse. Recently however I've been experiencing discomfort in my throat and armpits and (maybe?) my upper chest, and I've noticed the lymph nodes under my jaw feel a bit hard and quite large. Obviously this could be a lot of things, but I keep telling myself that I left my testicle problem for too long, and that it was cancer and that that has now spread.

I can't sleep right now and the stress is driving me crazy, i've convinced myself of the worst case scenario before i've even seen my doctor. Does anybody have anything that might reassure me while I'm waiting for my appointment?

Re: Panicking pretty hard

I've had testicluar discomfort for over 2 years and have had a scan that showed nothing sinister but a few cysts on the epidimus (tubes) that are common and harmless. However lately the pain has come back and I'm having another ultrasound this afternoon. I'm not overly worried as 2 Doctors have checked me and said that they can't feel anything but have refered me for my piece of mind.

So basically if you've got no lumps then I wouldn't worry to much, also Tesiticular C doesn't really present with pain so thats another good sign, also if you've had this for a year then you would be a lot more sick by now. There are many different reasons for testicular pain other than the big C...so yes get it checked out for piece of mind but also try not worry.

My Doctor said there was nothing wrong with me... but when I checked on the internet I found out that I'd been clinically dead for months!

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    I've had testicluar discomfort for over 2 years and have had a scan that showed nothing sinister but a few cysts on the epidimus (tubes) that are common and harmless.

So basically if you've got no lumps then I wouldn't worry to much, also Tesiticular C doesn't really present with pain so thats another good sign, also if you've had this for a year then you would be a lot more sick by now. .
    Wow, that sounds a lot like the problem I've had, it did feel like a lot of the discomfort was around the epididymis and, despite my sometimes obsessive checking, I haven't found any lumps. Thanks a lot! Most of the time I realise I'm being silly and overdramatic, but sometimes my anxiety just kicks in and tells me everythings awful.

I understand exactly how you feel...even though I'm pretty confident that my scan will be fine today the demon HA is shouting in my ear the opposite.

My Doctor said there was nothing wrong with me... but when I checked on the internet I found out that I'd been clinically dead for months!

Thread Information