Thread: Copper coil

Copper coil

Do any females have this? I'm currently on the implant. Have been since I had my daughter but it's given me awful periods and aggravated migraines.

My doctors suggested the copper coil as there's nothing in it so won't affect my headaches I'm suffering with. They say it lasts ten years but I've heard freak stories of it moving and even getting stuck in the womb!! I'm petrified to have it but it's either that or get pregnant lol. I can't have the pills as I'm high risk for breast cancer and cervical and implant and injection will affect my migraines so he said it's either the copper coil or condoms.

Just want some personal positive experiences with them.

Re: Copper coil

Haven't got one myself as I'm a bloke!! so can't give any personal experiences....but my wife has had the coil since our son was born in 2008 and hasn't had any problems.

My Doctor said there was nothing wrong with me... but when I checked on the internet I found out that I'd been clinically dead for months!

Haha thanks taffy! Good to hear your wife has had no problems with it!

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I realise this was an older post but felt I should reply.

I have had a copper coil for over 3 years now, and had a good experience having it fitted (I too had read the horror stories!). Mine was even fitted by a less experienced GP (under the very close supervision of the senior GP) and have had no problems whatsoever. I kept being told that it would really hurt to have it fitted because I hadn't had children, but it wasn't that bad, honestly. I only had one painful bit of the procedure where they had to put something on my cervix to hold it in the right place, but that pain was momentary. I had it checked 4 weeks after fitting, and once after when I felt a bit unsure (but all was good!)

My periods since - OK. Not horrifically painful or heavy, just quite normal for me really! I honestly can't sing the praises of my coil enough! Mine is a 5 year coil, hoping that by the time it is due to be removed my partner and I will be wanting to start a family

Thread Information