Thread: Kidneys?

Unhappy Kidneys?

I had a pain that started on my lower right side of my back like a pinching feeling. Sharp and not nice. It was completely random yesterday. It didnt happen when I moved a certain way (that i noticed) it just randomly happened.
    Now its higher up kind of by my ribs. Im worried I have kidney stones or some kind of issue...
    I drink lots of water every day, eat moderately healthy, i almost completely cut caffeine out of my diet (the odd pop or coffee during the week) Im 21 year old female and im starting to freak out. My coworkers say it could be a pinched nerve but I dunno. If you have kidney stones is it really obvious? I mean it hurt pretty bad but went away then came back once today.
    Im so tired of the face that I feel like I'm overcoming it then one tiny thing happens and Im back to square one. Im so weak minded and that makes me sad :(

Re: Kidneys?

I had a kidney stone last year and got another now with a bladder infection ,you pass blood and are bent over double in pain so I doubt you have one.So yes it's very obvious when you have one,maybe you've bruised a rib or something

Did it hurt? OMG thats terrible! Did it come on gradually or super sudden?

I had a scan this week it's not out yet ,I'm drinking gallons of water and on antibiotics

Could also be IBS. I get it when I have to uh..use the ladies room. It still freaks me out sometimes but I try to remind myself I'm really hyper aware of those things now. Strangely enough, my ibs started for the first time after I gave up coffee. I was a wicked heavy coffee drinker. Like multiple mugs a day. My metabolism was always better with it but didn't really make the connection at the time. Hope this eases your mind somewhat.

I get the uncomfortable back pinch too, hun. I worried for ages about kidney failure and other even more sinister things but it's been going on for two years and nothing has come of it so I don't tend to worry now.

I think it's down to either a trapped nerve (it does feel a little better if I stretch those muscles out) or IBS.

---------- Post added at 17:04 ---------- Previous post was at 17:03 ----------

And yeah, like Andy said, if it was a kidney stone you'd really know about it. My ex boyfriends dad had one and he was peeing blood and in crippling pain for a week before they even found out it was a stone. He passed it when I was at their house and was in howling pain so honestly, you'd know, sweets.

Thread Information