Thread: feel like a need to pee all the time - new anxiety sign?

feel like a need to pee all the time - new anxiety sign?

this came on suddenly - one day I just felt like I wanted to go to the toilet every hour - worse in the evenings and pee once overnight ( thinking about it as i go to sleep )

doc checked me for infection via a strip urinary test and put it down to a nervous bladder - ( not showing any of the normal worrying signs like blood in pee,drinking more or unable to pee properly )

I have a history of anxiety related health problems,stomach,headaches and short breathing and my gp is aware of this.

my worry is this may not be anxiety related and could be something more sinister like bladder or prostate cancer....

anyone else have this - had it 2 weeks now and my 12 times a day to the toilet is getting me down....:(.....at 53 i thought/hoped i would be leaving anxiety behind me...seems not!
    Last edited by sirworryalot; 26-09-14 at 21:22.

Re: feel like a need to pee all the time - new anxiety sign?

Prostate cancer is an inability to pee I think.

You drink lots of tea ? Tea is a diuretic and makes you wee more.

no more than i normally do oosh, its the overnight thing that confuses me, as its not an infection and it was something i suddenly latched onto and immediately worried about it then i'm leaning towards an anxiety symptom ( again )

Yep - sporadically, though not so much now, was urinating an awful lot. 99% sure it was an anxiety symptom for me so I'm sure it is for you.

thank you..

When I have flare ups I find I'm using the toilet more often but once the flare up turns more to depression it returns to normal.

Have you thought of looking into it from the angle of these TV ads we are always seeing for this? Maybe its something new that is not anxiety connected and needs a different form of help. Not saying its cancer though, your GP should have a checklist for presenting symptoms that point him/her towards the correct tests. Anxiety is bound to intensify an issue in that area since part of the fight/flight response is evacuation.

I think she ( my gp ) based her anxiety assessment on the fact this appeared overnight terry, and I dont seem to tick any alarm boxes in terms of symptoms, yesterday it didnt really effect me at all as i was busy but today, being sunday, it has, sigh.......i just despair at the fact my anxiety has found a new toy yo play with.

Hello Peeing all the time is definitely an anxiety/panic symptom for me. The last two days I've had the 'climbing the walls' type anxiety and I've been to and from the loo every half hour or so. My bowels also go into overdrive when the anxiety ramps up. I don't think it was always a symptom for me either though, I think the frequency of urination increases in line with the anxiety.

Thread Information