Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sectioned 136 Act

Re: Sectioned 136 Act

Quote Originally Posted by SarahH View Post
    If you feel that you were treated badly at anytime the Police detained you (from arrest until being taken to the 136 suite or a police station) you can contact the IPCC directly and make a complaint... believe me they do thoroughly investigate complaints (as a retired police officer I have been the other end of complaints). If the have breached PACE codes of practice then heads will roll. People sectioned did, until recently get taken to custody but it is more likely that you were taken to a 136 suite which means when you were handed over you are out of police custody.

Keep going.... but don't let it get you too anxious

Sarah
    No thanks Sarah the police were fine it was at the detention suite at the hospital after having been handed over i asked for a solicitor 4 times but was refused.

I have phoned up two mental health charities and worryingly even they did not know the answer to that.Its nice to see you posting as it just goes to show people from all walks of life or professions can be afflicted by this terrible illness depression and anxiety.

But thanks i will try and chill a bit as this has been starting to affect my mental health again and i think its got a way to go yet,

Pals and the Care Quality Commission are involved also.I think i have done as much as i can for now.

Richard.xxx
    Last edited by Richard1960; 03-10-14 at 09:39.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahH View Post
    If you feel that you were treated badly at anytime the Police detained you (from arrest until being taken to the 136 suite or a police station) you can contact the IPCC directly and make a complaint... believe me they do thoroughly investigate complaints (as a retired police officer I have been the other end of complaints). If the have breached PACE codes of practice then heads will roll. People sectioned did, until recently get taken to custody but it is more likely that you were taken to a 136 suite which means when you were handed over you are out of police custody.

Keep going.... but don't let it get you too anxious

Sarah
    Thats sounds right from Richard first post Sarah. It seems more that the trust have acted badly as opposed to the police.

It is good to hear some advice from a former police officer because many complaints are handled in-house as opposed to by the IPCC and I'm sure we've all read about how some of those have been covered up by their own seniors. The IPCC seems the only way to ever go due to these issues.

It must be very hard for the police dealing with these issues as they just don't have the training they need. I saw a trial taking place whereby a psychiatric nurse would attend with the police to make an onsite assessment but I don't know how far it has advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Thats sounds right from Richard first post Sarah. It seems more that the trust have acted badly as opposed to the police.

It is good to hear some advice from a former police officer because many complaints are handled in-house as opposed to by the IPCC and I'm sure we've all read about how some of those have been covered up by their own seniors. The IPCC seems the only way to ever go due to these issues.

It must be very hard for the police dealing with these issues as they just don't have the training they need. I saw a trial taking place whereby a psychiatric nurse would attend with the police to make an onsite assessment but I don't know how far it has advanced.
    Not far at all its all Terry as with most things in the NHS cash related.

But that would at least be more human,rather then untrained police officers doing the best they can.With an illness they do not understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard1960 View Post
    Hi Terry this os just one line from the emaoil sent me.

The problem arises with the last two zone routes: "Via Ely" which means Norfolk and Cambs, and "Via Cambridge" which means Cambridgeshire only. So an Anglia Plus ticket routed Via Ely is valid anywhere in the Norfolk and Cambridgeshire zones, i.e. Cambridge to Norwich, plus Bury to Cambridge and Ely, plus Norwich to Sheringham/Yarmouth/Lowestoft/Diss. As this ticket is a season ticket it is not purely for leisure travel and can be used at any time of day during its period of validity.

We are aware that the route code "Via Ely" is misleading. It dates back to Anglia Railways days. We can change it but it is not a simple process. At present it is up to conductors to know that the Route Ely ticket is valid in Cambs and Norfolk.

But this has happened twice to me and they just blame the conductors rather then solve the problem by adjusting what they put on the tickets even the area managers do not fully understand it.

Richard.

I think I must be missing something Richard because that makes sense to me.

Sounds very much like a crap area manager who is only out to further his/her career. Worked with plenty that have that attitude and its easy to spot when they start to blame their staff for training issues and issues relating to errors in their technology. Funny how he/she didn't know either, yet is still happy to lay the blame at the conductors door. I guess this person doesn't do responsibility!

You can understand it maybe with new conductors, just maybe, but not the rest. To be honest, I have spent a fair few years working in a BA role altering computer systems and I can't see how changing a value is going to be costly for them. If its a variable, its a quick cheap change. If its a fixed value, it depends on the level of work and what is connected to it (plus testing, PM fees, meetings for the sake of procedure, etc) but if its causing critical issues in small numbers you would change it rather than risk the media coverage.

Sounds more like excuses to me mate.

You take care and do what you need to for your health. Let them rumble along with it and remember that some of the larger charities offer advocacy services if you need some support.

Lightbulb Re: Sectioned 136 Act

I think I must be missing something Richard because that makes sense to me.

Sounds very much like a crap area manager who is only out to further his/her career. Worked with plenty that have that attitude and its easy to spot when they start to blame their staff for training issues and issues relating to errors in their technology. Funny how he/she didn't know either, yet is still happy to lay the blame at the conductors door. I guess this person doesn't do responsibility!

You can understand it maybe with new conductors, just maybe, but not the rest. To be honest, I have spent a fair few years working in a BA role altering computer systems and I can't see how changing a value is going to be costly for them. If its a variable, its a quick cheap change. If its a fixed value, it depends on the level of work and what is connected to it (plus testing, PM fees, meetings for the sake of procedure, etc) but if its causing critical issues in small numbers you would change it rather than risk the media coverage.

Sounds more like excuses to me mate.

You take care and do what you need to for your health. Let them rumble along with it and remember that some of the larger charities offer advocacy services if you need some support.

Thanks terry i am ok with advocacy as i am a Union rep ! Its just getting hold of the people i need to talk /negotiate with that is the problem all very nice on the phone oh yes but no answers,still i have a feeling the care quality commission will buck them up.

After that the parliamentary Ombudsman certainly will.LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard1960 View Post
    [/B]

Thanks terry i am ok with advocacy as i am a Union rep ! Its just getting hold of the people i need to talk /negotiate with that is the problem all very nice on the phone oh yes but no answers,still i have a feeling the care quality commission will buck them up.

After that the parliamentary Ombudsman certainly will.LOL.
    Just a thought, there is a Labour MP in Wales, Geraint Davies, who has mental health as one of his key concerns and he has raised a Bill of Parliament for regulation of counsellors & psychotherapists. Some of this appears to be due to gay conversion therapy (some of which were referred by GPs!!!) so I wonder whether this might slot into his areas somehow because this was added for the updated Bill this year so he was clearly unhappy with these professions prior to that? I read his questions to T House over his concerns that the NHS were paying private therapists so I don't know if there is any connection to that trust? Maybe?

The Bill will put them under the scrutiny of the HPC which will likely end a lot of careers!

Just a thought, there is a Labour MP in Wales, Geraint Davies, who has mental health as one of his key concerns and he has raised a Bill of Parliament for regulation of counsellors & psychotherapists. Some of this appears to be due to gay conversion therapy (some of which were referred by GPs!!!) so I wonder whether this might slot into his areas somehow because this was added for the updated Bill this year so he was clearly unhappy with these professions prior to that? I read his questions to T House over his concerns that the NHS were paying private therapists so I don't know if there is any connection to that trust? Maybe?

The Bill will put them under the scrutiny of the HPC which will likely end a lot of careers!
    Thanks for that Terry had a call a while ago from the head of the Mental Health trust (Nursing Dept) and we have a meeting set up for 3pm next thursday, i think they might have got the message from Essex Healthwatch and the Care quality commission now.

I spoke to the care quality commission this morning and they were most interested about the lack of communication from the trust to me.
    Last edited by Richard1960; 03-10-14 at 16:49.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information