Thread: Just a query

Just a query

Been prescribed propranolol for the first time and bit wary of taking it as my anxiety symptoms are not full blown panic attacks but all inside if you know what I mean?! Shaky, nausea, churning stomach, rising up to awful negative and scary feelings and thoughts.

Just swapped from cit to sertraline so The increased anxiety feelings probably due to that. Just scared of making things worse by slowing things down physically.

Any advice?

Mermaid

Re: Just a query

I found that taking separate tablets (eg 40mg 2/3 times per day) did nothing for me, but the slow release 80mg capsules really changed my life. Unfortunately I had to be taken off them because my blood pressure is naturally low anyway and the Prop was dropping it to 80/48 which is worryingly low! I was gutted because they really did help with the physical aspect of anxiety which is where most of my problems stem from.

Like you, I was really worried about taking them, but they really are incredibly safe. They wouldn't hand them out so readily if they weren't, and in terms of slowing things down, all they so is inhibit the flow of unnecessary adrenaline. They shouldn't have any negative effect on your digestion or anything like that

Started taking it yesterday. Not sure if it's working still feel very anxious with rising panic and stomach is churning away. Also have lots of stomach acid that may be the sertraline.

Feel generally on a downward spiral again. Can't work at the moment, they are very understanding but feel guilty not going.

Sad, annoyed, fed up and anxious. Sorry about my negativity

Mermaid

Hi there. Thank you for sharing your deep and sincere thoughts with us; we appreciate your honesty about it. I would perhaps wait for quite some time (1-2 months) for the sertraline to kick in. You will be feeling lower than before and tired. That is the beginning of the recovery process of your tired and worn body.

Think about getting out of the work for sickness. Depression (or whateever the cause, including just symptoms) is a disease and everyone needs some time to relax, at one point of time. Don't feel guilty about it, feel guilty about not looking after your health properly.

Thread Information