Thread: ASMR - YouTube's little therapist.

ASMR - YouTube's little therapist.

Hi guys!

I was going to post this in the Top Tips section but noticed that SO few people utilise that forum, which makes me a little sad!

In the last six months, I have become obsessed with relaxation through ASMR videos on YT.

For anyone unaware of what ASMR actually is, it stands for Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response, which means those lovely tingles you get if someone strokes your hair, whispers in your ear, pays you close personal attention, etc. It has a wonderful calming effect!

Some people don't experience the tingles themselves, but can still gain a wonderful sense of calm and relaxation from ASMR videos. They involve somebody either role playing a calming scenario (for example, being at a sap and receiving a facial, having makeup applied for you, a visit to the doctors for an eye test etc) or simply by using different objects and triggers to set off your ASMR. Everyone has totally different sound/visual triggers so it's certainly worth watching a few and finding what suits you.

Some artists to check out: GentleWhispering, MassageASMR, EphemeralRift (if you're after something a bit more quirky!) Heather Feather, WhispersRed and Hailey Whispering Rose.

Please take some time this evening to lay back with some headphones on and see what you think. I find they can really help to calm me down

I hope someone, even if it's just one of you, gets some peace from this

Re: ASMR - YouTube's little therapist.

I will move it to top tips anyway as it will get lost in here.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I've read about this! There's a reddit where people will take requests too.

Thank you for recommending this will definitely have a look!! X

Thread Information