Thread: Stomach issues causing misery.

Stomach issues causing misery.

Ok feeling pretty fed up here ... Since I went to thailand and I had a dodgy stomach (constipation then diarrhea and bloating) my stomach had not been the same :-( ... I have constant bloating, stomach pains, stomach making funny noises, bit of nausea and sorry tmi but irregular bms, burping (and other gases) and acid in my throat. It is for want of a better word grim. I'm also having this random shooting pain in my upper back between my shoulder blades that comes an goes in a quick sharp stabbing pain every now an then dunno what that is about .... Feel like crap constantly and it's really getting me down. Hard to get to docs as iv just started a new job. Plus just moved so don't actually have a doc round here. I know no more panic isn't a diagnostic website. Guess I'm just sounding off again because I feel so miserable and crappy. Had anyone else experienced this ?

Re: Stomach issues causing misery.

Sound like trapped wind and reflux to me. Can last for a few days, but goes away as quickly as it arrives. Be careful not too eat too much fatty or processed food, as it won't help your recovery. Make sure you eat breakfast; porridge or toast is a safe bet and don't go too long between meals as more gas and reflux will build up.

Hi Sara, anxiety can cause digestve probs. Although I am also guessing that you are something dodgy while in Thailand. Try to tale deep breaths and stay in the moment. Also go to the pharmacist maybe they can help! If not then go to the doc of course!
    Jon

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi guys thanks for reply ... Well I guessed I are something dodgy in thailand but iv actually been back for 3 weeks now ... I'm at a loss here an just feel so unpleasant all the time x

Hi,

It is probably best if you register for a GP and see a doctor soon-ish. Stress can cause all sorts of problems with your digestive system.

See a doctor (or at least a nurse who will probably take a stool sample), especially as you've been away. It could just have been a short bout of gastroenteritis, but could be something that needs antibiotics. It might well be IBS with your new job, but worth getting it checked as sometimes you bring stuff back with you.

Also, a bad bout of gastroenteritis can stress out your system too - possibly enough to start causing IBS symptoms. But further stress will just perpetuate that... so try not to stress about it.

I'm quite convinced that my IBS symptoms started after contracting Giardia on holiday, now anxiety just keeps it going...

Sorry for late reply have had no phone.. Well stool an blood tests came back doctors say are normal.. I still certainly don't feel normal :-/

In that case, it sounds like IBS to me.
    Do you get any relief from going to the loo?
    Do you bloat up at certain times eg worse as the day goes on, or after certain food?

Did the doctor suggest IBS at all?
    Try drinking peppermint tea or taking peppermint capsules. Keep a diary of your symptoms and what you eat, how you feel emotionally etc - you might start to see a pattern.

Thread Information